We are currently searching for a Clinical Research Coordinator to support to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is a full-time position with MSC and it is onsite in Bethesda, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Obtain patient records from home physicians, clinics, and hospitals using secure information systems to protect personal information in accordance with all applicable NIH Information Security requirements.
- Upload data into approved electronic records management systems and make copies of records available to NIH Principal Investigators (PIs) and protocol-specific staff. Maintain patient-specific data in appropriate databases as instructed by clinical PI or their designee(s).
- Provide patient records to home physicians, clinics, and hospitals using secure information systems to protect personal information in accordance with all applicable NIH Information Security requirements.
- Schedule non-urgent patient clinical visit appointments in coordination with Case Managers and Research Nurses and in accordance with the requirements of specific protocols the PCC is assigned to.
- Provide expert patient travel planning to minimize cost to the NIH in support of clinical protocols. Travel planning will be performed using the NIH Admissions-Travel-Voucher (ATV) system and process.
- Submit ATV for accommodations for patients and their families at the Edmond J. Safra Family Lodge at the NIH, The NIH Childrens’ Inn, or other local lodging options.
- Provide a detailed patient visit schedule to the patient, patient guardian (if appropriate), Case Manager or Research Nurse and confirm all scheduled appointments in NIH CRIMSON calendars and other calendar systems as required. Send appointment reminders to patients.
- Submit clinical documents to the film library for upload.
- Communicate effectively with patients, Case Managers, Study Coordinators, and Principal Investigators and other clinical staff in a professional and timely manner.
- Coordinate volunteer payments.
- Screen calls from patients, physicians and callers from the public; forward to appropriate staff members; update patient telephone directory as needed.
- Troubleshoot scheduling issues to ensure maximum productivity of staff resources.
- Submit ATV for MRN for new incoming patients
- Send New Patient packet to incoming new patients, map, directions etc.
- Collaborate with research nurses and study coordinators to bring in new patients, scheduling and records management including submitting outside pathology.
- Coordinate shipping of lab kits and research samples.
- Minimum B.S. degree is required.
- Minimum of two (2) years of work experience in related is required.
- Experience working in a clinical laboratory setting is a plus.
- Ability to effectively communicate – verbal and written.
- Knowledge pertaining to privacy of the patient, privileged information, and secure handling of the patient’s medical records.
- Must follow all NIH regulations when handling PII.
Dovel Technologies and its Family of Companies (Medical Science & Computing and Ace Info Solutions) was acquired in October 2021.
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance, including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse, and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.