The Cell Culture Development group of Regeneron's Preclinical & Process Development (PMPD) group, located in Tarrytown, New York, is looking to hire a Director-level Engineer/Scientist to lead the core technical mission team of the Cell Culture Development group.
The primary mission of this group is the advancement of Regeneron’s substantial therapeutic protein-based pipeline. This pipeline has a proven record of clinical and commercial success that uses best in industry speed to clinic platforms, as recently evidenced by REGEN-COV®, followed by custom development of optimized processes intended for commercialization that leverage Quality by Design (QbD) approaches. The imminent growth of this pipeline, corresponding to Regeneron’s announced expansion of the Tarrytown campus, is a further highlight of this career opportunity.
Successful leadership of the core technical mission team centers on the following responsibilities:
This role may be for you if you:
- Establishing Strategic Vision: As the Core Technical Mission Director, you will serve as a people leader that mentors a large, science-driven group and anticipates future personnel and group needs through strategic workforce planning. You will assess technological and operational innovation opportunities, incorporating innovations from and suggesting development areas to partner teams focusing on extended technology development projects. Areas of innovation include cell line technologies, novel protein molecule formats, medium development, process and laboratory automation, data science approaches and process intensification.
- Taking Process Development Initiative: You will guide process development using organizational, interpersonal and technical skills, extending your prior record of successful process development. Your prior technical knowledge and scientific judgment will be used to proactively recognize platform and process improvement opportunities and to initiate timely and appropriate responses to cell culture process deviations.
- Managing Group Operations: You will create management systems that facilitate the planned expansion and respond to changes that affect personnel, equipment, information systems and results. You will additionally establish and work with an interpersonal network to advance processes and systems that ultimately enable successful production and regulatory acceptance of pipeline molecules. You will apply your understanding of clinical program landscape, ensuring successful process transfer, building pipeline efficiencies and systems of working, bring to bear our culture of continuous improvement, and providing domain expertise.
- Possess an in-depth understanding of Cell Culture development and have strong organizational and scientific skills to develop innovative technologies in the context of a highly collaborative organization
- Possess strong initiative to complete tasks and drive new technologies related to Cell Culture development.
- Are capable of multi-tasking, working both independently and within a collaborative environment.
This role requires an engineering/science degree: Ph.D. with 15+, a M.S. with 18+ or a B.S. with 20+ years of demonstrated experience.
The ideal candidate will have a proven record of managing a complex technical organization emphasizing process development and/or manufacturing in the biotechnology industry.
Beyond the technical expectations, this individual should have strong interpersonal and communication skills in support of interactions across Regeneron at all levels. The Regeneron Way (https://www.regeneron.com/responsibility/corporate-integrity#3) further describes the values and behaviors exemplified by the employees of the growing Regeneron community.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.