Regeneron's Preclinical Manufacturing & Process Development Group (PMPD) is seeking a Process Development Associate II as a full-time position to work in the Purification Development group. In this role, you will be responsible for purification process development and support development of various molecules to support Regeneron’s pipeline. In addition, the role will support technology transfers of processes for GMP production. The ideal candidate will be hardworking, efficient, flexible, and able to perform key responsibilities in a fast-paced, team environment.
A Typical Day in the Role Might Look Like:
- An associate or engineer who is experienced in the general operations of a laboratory and/or functional area. Begins to manage and organize data independently - has some decision-making capability and works under supervision (daily or near daily). Participates effectively as a member of a "team" within their laboratory or functional area. Communicates with all levels of the organization. Implements experiments alone and/or in collaboration alone with others. Performs routine technical tasks, begins to manage, organize, and interpret data more independently, and presents results to their supervisor. Receives general instruction for routine work; more detailed instruction is provided for new projects. The ability to design experiments with proper controls.
- Carries out experiments/projects using established procedures. Performs basic data entry and analysis alone or in collaboration with others and recognizes unexpected results. Understands scientific method and experimental controls and works to perfect technique on the basics. Scientifically curious, enthusiastic, and proactively asks questions to learn or seek clarification
- Reads and understands scientific literature and technical documentation. Implements experimental plans to verify literature findings with direction and prepares comparison of internal data to literature for review with manager.
- Trains and becomes proficient in operations of job-relevant laboratory instrumentation and data systems. May have a role in knowledge/data management and be responsible for maintenance and service of lab/data resources. May assist in training new staff after demonstrating competency.
- May support technology development and improvement initiatives
- Drafts and reviews templated documents and functionally related presentations with manager review
- Builds relationships within subgroup to support shared goals and may train peers and indirectly lead, guide, and assist co-op students/interns. Proactively assists others in execution of experiments and knows when to ask for help from peers.
This Role Might Be For You If You:
- Support the development of robust purification processes to be implemented in a GMP manufacturing setting
- Perform purification of diverse array of proteins to support many of Regeneron’s research and discovery groups.
- Documents experiments, results, and findings in electronic laboratory notebook; presents work at group and department meetings. Maintain instruments, fix instrumental/experimental problems, and order/maintain supplies.
The role requires A Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in either Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, or Biochemistry, and 0 - 5+ years’ experience in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry. A strong fundamental understanding of polishing chromatography purification techniques is a plus. Experience with Downstream Development and with equipment like: Akta Avant, Akta Pilot, Akta Process Skid, Normal flow filters, Chromatographic columns, HPLC, UPLC, Laminar Flow Hood, Chemical Fume hood, Empower, Unicorn, JMP, LIMS, PI Historian a plus.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or parental status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.