Graphite Bio is a clinical-stage, next-generation gene editing company harnessing high efficiency targeted gene integration to develop a new class of therapies to potentially cure a wide range of serious and life-threatening diseases. Graphite Bio is pioneering a precision gene editing approach that could enable a variety of applications to transform human health through its potential to achieve one of medicine’s most elusive goals: to precisely “find & replace” any gene in the genome. Graphite Bio’s platform allows it to precisely correct mutations, replace entire disease-causing genes with normal genes or insert new genes into predetermined, safe locations. The company was co-founded by academic pioneers in the fields of gene editing and gene therapy, including Maria Grazia Roncarolo, M.D., and Matthew Porteus, M.D., Ph.D.
Learn more about Graphite Bio by visiting www.graphitebio.com and following the company on LinkedIn.
Graphite Bio seeks a motivated PhD level Scientist (or equivalent) to join the Gene Editing team and help develop Graphite Bio’s innovative pipelines. This person will join a collaborative, high performance team working to expand Graphite Bio’s stem cell transplantation and gene therapy programs. At the bench, this individual will conduct therapeutic gene editing experiments in hematopoietic stem and progenitor cells (HSPCs), develop cell and molecular based assays to assess engraftment and differentiation potentials of these cells. This individual will additionally contribute to early discovery activities for Graphite Bio’s novel gene editing platform. The ideal candidate will have a background in gene editing, immunology, molecular biology, and/or stem cell biology and technical proficiency in flow cytometry, mammalian cell culture, molecular cloning, plus genome editing strategies and considerations (e.g., CRISPR, lentiviral vectors, DNA damage and repair processes, etc.).
What You Will Do:
- Culture, edit and differentiate primary HSPCs
- Determine the levels of editing by flow cytometry, ddPCR, and NGS-based assays
- Characterize edited cells utilizing molecular assays such as western blotting, ELISA, qPCR or imaging-based flow cytometry assays
- Work collaboratively with other hubs at Graphite, analyze data and present results in cross-functional team meetings
What You Will Bring:
- PhD (or MS with ≥ 5 years of relevant industry experience) in biology, cell-biology, molecular biology, genetics, bioengineering, or a related discipline
- Expertise and hands-on experience with primary mammalian cell culture and cell biology
- Experience developing cell-based and/or molecular assays
- Knowledge of hematopoietic stem cell biology, in vivo engraftment studies, gene editing techniques including CRISPR-Cas9 and AAV biology would be a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and ability to simplify complex biological concepts to peers
- Comfortable working in a dynamic research and early-discovery environment, as well as collaborating with peers on multiple projects at once
What Graphite Will Bring:
At Graphite Bio, we are intentionally building a community that is inspired, diverse, and curious. For this role, and all roles, we seek someone who is:
- Determined. You share our mission to bring curative gene editing to patients. And you know the need is urgent.
- People-focused. You prioritize relationships. You value differences and are an excellent listener.
- Adaptable. You seek solutions, even when things change. You prefer to find your way to “yes!”
Graphite Bio is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that our strength is in our differences. Our goal to build a diverse and inclusive team began on day one, and it will never end.
All company employees, regardless of work location, must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received all recommended doses in their primary series COVID-19 vaccine. Requests for an accommodation/exemption for medical or religious reasons, as well as under applicable state law, will be considered on a case-by-case basis consistent with applicable law.
To all recruitment agencies
: Graphite Bio does not accept agency resumes or applications. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, or Graphite Bio employees. Graphite Bio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes or applications.