KCAS Bioanalytical & Biomarker Services is seeking Analyst I and II level candidates for positions within its Pharma LC-MS/MS group in a growing organization in Olathe, KS.
KCAS is a contract research organization (CRO) providing bioanalytical & biomarker services to pharmaceutical clients in support of drug developments, preclinical and clinical studies.
The Analysts are responsible for preparation of reagents and solutions, as well as sample processing under required regulatory documentation. May also analyze data, interpret results, or contribute to troubleshooting activities. Will conduct sample inventory and carry out lab support duties as assigned, such as inventory of chemicals, washing glassware, waste disposal and/or general cleanup.
In the role of Analyst, I and II, we will rely on you for the following:
- Process and/or analyze samples.
- Prepare and label laboratory solutions.
- Perform and/or verify calculations related to reagent preparation and/or sample analysis.
- Conduct sample inventory and verify sample identities.
- Review information and documentation for accuracy.
- Prepare study records for archive.
(This is a representative summary of responsibilities and is not meant to be exhaustive)
WHO YOU ARE:
You will thrive at KCAS if you enjoy a fast-paced environment, are open-minded and flexible, can prioritize effectively to solve problems and meet deadlines, embrace high-level performance and constant development, and are self-directed while being drawn to the camaraderie of a team atmosphere.
In addition, to qualify specifically for this role, you will have:
Education & Experience:
- BS/BA degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or related field
- Experience with GLP documentation.
- Pipetting (air displacement and or/positive displacement, volumetric, etc).
- Preferred extraction experience, such as, protein precipitation, liquid/liquid extraction, solid phase extraction.
- Familiarity with basic lab instruments, such as, Balances, pH Meter, Centrifuge, Volumetric Flask, etc.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Reliability and consistency in work effort.
- Commitment to quality, safety, and customer commitment.
- Solid mathematical abilities.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and effectively problem solve.
- Perform all aspects of job in a way that supports company brand and supports company mission, vision and values.
- Ability to lift 20 pounds.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to convey complex information clearly and concisely.
- Ability to ascend and descend stairs.
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
In addition to a competitive compensation, full suite of medical benefits and time off, you will have the opportunity to be part of employee appreciation events and local community outreach. You’ll thrive in a fast-paced environment centered on career progression and development, where we collaborate on impactful contributions and reward for outstanding performance.
WHO WE ARE:
KCAS is a contract research organization (CRO) headquartered within the metro area of Kansas City, KS. We are uniquely positioned to provide our pharmaceutical clients with both large and small molecule development in support of drug developments, preclinical and clinical studies. Demand for our expertise in bioanalytical & biomarker services is growing and so is our team of dedicated experts - now is a great time to join us to be part of improving the world’s health!
KCAS is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow additional instructions and to perform other duties as directed by a supervisor.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an "at-will" basis.
This employer recruits qualified candidates without regard to citizenship status. We have internal processes in place to enable hiring of the right candidates through appropriate U.S. immigration framework.