Fate Therapeutics is seeking a talented and motivated scientist specialized in immunology or immunotherapy to join our T cell cancer immunotherapy team to deliver the allogenic, best in class, off-the-shelf, adoptive T cell therapy product. The successful candidate will help in leading the development of next-generation iPSC-derived T cell product, while playing a key role in executing strategies to improve T cell persistence, effectiveness, stealth status in various solid tumor settings, in collaboration with top-tier pharmaceutical partners and leading academic labs. Prior independent research experience with T cell development, T cell signal transduction or cancer immunotherapy is highly preferred. This is a full-time bench-level position reporting to a Senior Scientist and is located at our corporate headquarters in San Diego, CA.Responsibilities
- Leverage T cell biology, tumor biology, tumor microenvironment expertise in collaborative efforts with scientists, associate scientists, and research associates to investigate, develop and implement novel strategies for next-generation CAR-iT cell product.
- Lead, design, coordinate and execute prove-of-concept research with precise data analysis, interpretation, and communication capability and deliver results in a timely manner.
- Present results in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Differentiate and evaluate CAR iT cells with in vitro assays (including cytokine release/degranulation and short/long-term killing assay and RNA-seq) and in vivo murine models.
- Perform viral vector-based gene modification and generate cell line and primary T cells.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- PhD degree in Immunology, Cancer Cell Biology or related fields with 3+ years of T cell relevant experience. Previous experience with research in biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry is preferred, but not required.
- Proven track record of leading or contributing to projects in immunology, or cancer cell biology.
- In-depth experience with multi-parameter flow cytometry is a must, preferably 8+ color.
- Extensive aseptic technique and mammalian cell culture experience with a minimal of 3 years of hands-on experience is a must.
- Self-motivated, well-organized, positive outlook, willingness to learn and contribute, and a team-oriented attitude is a must.
- Experience with immune cell functional assays and gene editing of T cells by transfection or transduction is a plus.
- Experience with human CAR-T cells is a plus.
- Knowledge on T cell development, T cell signal transduction, or cellular immunotherapy in oncology is a plus.
- Experience with IncuCyte and/or xCELLigence platforms is a plus.
- Knowledge with single-cell RNA-seq analysis and bulk RNA-seq analysis is a plus.
- Will require working with cells and cell lines of human and/or animal origin
- Occasional evening and weekend work will be required.
- 100% on-site work at corporate headquarters in San Diego, CA
The preceding job description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. Additional and incidental duties related to the primary duties may be required from time to time.About Fate Therapeutics, Inc.
Fate Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the development of first-in-class cellular immunotherapies for patients with cancer. The Company has established a leadership position in the clinical development and manufacture of universal, off-the-shelf cell products using its proprietary induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) product platform. The Company’s immuno-oncology pipeline includes off-the-shelf, iPSC-derived natural killer (NK) cell and T-cell product candidates, which are designed to synergize with well-established cancer therapies, including immune checkpoint inhibitors and monoclonal antibodies, and to target tumor-associated antigens using chimeric antigen receptors (CARs). Fate Therapeutics is headquartered in San Diego, CA. For more information, please visit www.fatetherapeutics.com