Eikon Therapeutics is a new biopharmaceutical company employing revolutionary technology at the intersection of chemistry, engineering, computation, and biology to discover novel treatments for life-threatening diseases. Eikon’s discovery platform is built on groundbreaking innovations from its founders (Nobel Prize, 2014), culminating in the creation of microscopes which enable real time, molecular-resolution measurements of protein movement in living cells, thereby unlocking otherwise intractable classes of proteins as drug targets.
As a Scientist joining the Platform Biology team, you work at the nexus of our Discovery and Engineering teams, applying advanced microscopy to provide key data and drive drug discovery programs forward. You will become a champion of Eikon’s core platform, working collaboratively across groups to build assays and screen compounds against novel therapeutic targets.
You’re a rigorous experimentalist who takes pride in your ability to execute at the bench. You’re passionate about drug discovery and discovering effective treatments for patients. You’re conscientious, detail oriented, and organized. You’re collaborative by nature and are happy to help. You enjoy teaching and mentoring research associates. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy pushing the edge of what is possible.
What You’ll Do
- Design and execute experiments to evaluate possible therapeutic targets and advance them toward screening on Eikon’s novel high-throughput super resolutions screening platform
- Work with biologists, chemists, microscope engineers, software engineers, and data scientists to identify the suite of tools and analytical methods needed to identify and advance hit compounds
- Mentor junior research associates to conduct laboratory experiments. Keep detailed and organized records of experimental protocols and results
- Interpret and present scientific findings to research meetings
- Provide scientific input and propose well-thought study plans
- Collaborate and communicate across a diverse research team to successfully progress scientific goals
- PhD or equivalent experience in biophysics, molecular biology, cell biology, or related field.
- Experience using quantitative microscopy to derive new biological insight.
- Experience with advanced microscopy techniques (e.g. Single-molecule localization microscopy, structured illumination, FCS, or similar) not required by highly encouraged.
- Proficiency in standard cell and molecular biology techniques, e.g. mammalian cell culture, cell line engineering, molecular cloning, PCR, RT-qPCR, flow cytometry, CRISPR, NGS sequencing, etc.
- Keen analytical and problem-solving skills. Familiarity with Python, MATLAB, R, or other programming languages highly encouraged.
- Strong communication skills and proven ability to build open and collaborative relationships within and across teams
Eikon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment.
In accordance with the Company’s duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace, the Company requires all employees to be Fully Vaccinated with one of the FDA approved COVID-19 vaccines, which includes those vaccines that have received the FDA’s emergency use authorization. You will be expected to be Fully Vaccinated as of your Start Date. If you believe that you are exempt from this requirement under an applicable law or regulations, including Americans with Disabilities Act and California’s Fair Employment and Housing Act, you will need to contact the Company’s Human Resources group. For purposes of this section, Fully Vaccinated means (i) the completion of the vaccination regimen as approved by the FDA (by way of example, 2 doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine and 1 dose of the Johnson and Johnson vaccine), and (ii) timely receiving booster vaccination, as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.