Role Title Manufacturing Associate III - Upstream
Supervisor Director of Manufacturing
Respect ● Passion ● Teamwork ● Integrity ● Honesty ● Commitment ● Collaboration
FUNCTION SUMMARY Manufacturing Associate III - Upstream
The Manufacturing Associate III (Upstream) is responsible to support and participate in the manufacturing of drug products and intermediates following approved procedures while complying with cGMP and GDP. The Manufacturing Associate III is expected to understand site quality systems and production processes to support drug product manufacturing and perform role responsibilities. This person is expected to don coveralls, and qualify for aseptic gowning, in order to enter and work in a cleanroom environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support and participate in the manufacturing of drug product and intermediates, with a focus on Upstream manufacturing processes
- Comply with cGMP and GDP regulations
- Clean, operate, and store various processing equipment
- Collect and submit cleaning or in-process samples to Quality Control
- Clean and sterilize manufacturing parts
- Order and dispense raw materials
- Participate in the execution of process development or validation protocols as needed
- Perform inventory cycle counts and site fit-for-use inspections
- Perform revision and creation of SOP’s, batch records, or associated protocols under a change control program.
- Perform deviation initiation, investigation, resolution, and CAPA
- Train manufacturing personnel with similar role responsibilities.
Education & Experience
- At a minimum, a B.A./B.S., or M.S. in a Science or Engineering field with a minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience, or a combination of education and experience.
The Manufacturing Associate III must develop the skills necessary to perform required responsibilities to achieve company objectives and goals. This person must have strong record keeping, organizational, written, and verbal communication skills to collaborative with manufacturing personnel & interdepartmentally. This candidate is desired to have previous experience utilizing good manufacturing or documentation practice.
Skills & Competencies
- Performs tasks while maintaining cGMP compliance.
- Experience with large-scale Upstream manufacturing processes, including: fermentation/cell culture, cell separation, cell lysis, and media preparation.
- Ability to perform responsibilities under direct or minimal supervision.
- Understanding of Microsoft Office Suite and/or other organizational applications.
- Good written, verbal, and communication skills.
- Ability to communicate interdepartmentally with Quality Control, Facilities, MSATs and Quality Assurance for manufacturing related projects.