As Director of in vitro Screening and Assay Development, you will be responsible for leading the efforts to develop, optimize, establish and conduct a wide range of biological, molecular and biochemical assays. In this role, you and your team will be responsible for the integration of appropriate screening cascades into the drug discovery pipeline to support the efficacy characterization, optimization, and safety assessment of Mammoth’s proprietary CRISPR nucleases for multiple projects. In addition, you will be interacting with Viral Delivery, Non-Viral Delivery, mRNA Technologies, in vivo Pharmacology, and Protein Discovery teams, as well as Preclinical project teams to support the identification of lead candidates for a variety of therapeutic indications. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish and validate novel/standard assays in-house and ensure reliability and reproducibility of screening results and methods
- Provide in-depth knowledge and scientific leadership for cell-based, molecular and and biochemical assays and associated experimental data analysis
- Able to take direction, work independently and troubleshoot problems proactively and effectively
- Hire and mentor additions to the in vitro Screening and Assay Development Team and contribute to building a positive, team and results-oriented culture
- Partner with project and functional teams in a matrix environment
- Bachelor’s degree in a life sciences discipline and 15 years of experience in industry OR PhD in a life sciences discipline and 10 years of industry experience
- Extensive experience in establishing novel and standard cell-based, molecular and biochemical assays (cell lines, primary cells, ELISAs, MSD or Luminex, viability assays, Q-PCR, Western blotting, microscopy, FACS, dose response, etc.)
- Experience with lab automation for medium/high throughput molecular, cellular and biochemical screening assays (96/384-well format)
- Familiarity with large molecule/gene therapy modalities screening
- Experience managing and mentoring colleagues
- Experience with large molecule screening and tissue culture systems
- Hands-on experience with diverse delivery systems, viral, non-viral, transfection, electroporation, cloning, etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Company-paid health/vision/dental benefits
- Unlimited vacation and generous sick time
- Company-sponsored meals and snacks
- Wellness, caregiver and ergonomics benefits
- 401(k) with company matching
Mammoth Biosciences is harnessing the diversity of life to power the next generation of CRISPR products. Through the discovery and engineering of novel CRISPR systems, the company is enabling the full potential of its platform to read and write the code of life. Mammoth aims to develop permanent genetic cures through best-in-class in vivo
and ex vivo
therapies and to democratize disease detection with on-demand diagnostics. Mammoth can provide enhanced diagnostics and genome editing for life science research, healthcare, agriculture, biodefense and more. Based in the San Francisco Bay Area, Mammoth Biosciences is co-founded by CRISPR pioneer and Nobel Laureate Jennifer Doudna and Trevor Martin, Janice Chen, and Lucas Harrington. The firm is backed by top institutional investors including Redmile Group, Foresite Capital, Senator Investment Group, Sixth Street, Decheng, Mayfield, NFX, and 8VC, along with leading individual investors including Brook Byers, Tim Cook, and Jeff Huber.
Our small-size proteins, such as Cas14 and CasPhi, are poised to transform disease treatment enabling novel editing approaches and delivery options that are difficult to achieve or not even possible with previously described CRISPR-Cas systems. Our teams are responsible for discovering and engineering novel CRISPR systems, establishing CRISPR-based diagnostics, and translating our unique CRISPR technology into therapeutic treatments with the ultimate goal of cures for indications with high medical need.
It is our policy and intent to provide equal opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, political affiliation, sex/gender (including gender expression/identity, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, veteran status, disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, and/or any other basis protected by law. This policy covers all facets of employment including, but not limited to: recruitment, selection, placement, promotions, transfers, demotions, terminations, training, and compensation.Mammoth Biosciences requires that all employees be vaccinated against Covid-19 as a condition of at-will employment, with exceptions for medical or religious reasons in compliance with local, state, and federal law.