GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. GRAIL, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN). For more information, please visit www.grail.com
The Senior Assay Biostatistician provides statistical expertise and leadership in the development and validation of analytical assays. The Biostatistician partners with key internal stakeholders to design, analyze, and interpret pre-analytical and analytical studies in support of GRAIL’s product development.You Will:
Your Background Should Include:
- Develop and apply statistical methods to assay development and in laboratory support in the following areas:
- Modeling, analysis and visualization of high dimensional data
- Conduct Design of experiments
- Define Specifications
- Statistical process control and assay monitoring
- Analytical validation
- MS with 3+ years of experience or PhD with 1+ years of experience will be considered.
- Molecular diagnostics or pharmaceutical industry experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of theoretical and applied statistics.
- Outstanding verbal, writing, and presentation skills with a strong ability to influence.
- Demonstrated success leading the statistical portion of an NGS assay development program in industry preferred.
- Experience programming in SAS or R.
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Office and Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We will reasonably accommodate all individuals with disabilities so that they can participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us
to request accommodation.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications, and advice from internal and external experts, GRAIL has made the decision to require all U.S. employees receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. “Full vaccination” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.