HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Senior Automation EngineerLive
What you will do
As a senior member of the Automation Engineering team, the Senior Engineer will support sophisticated and challenging process automation initiatives that require understanding of analytical problem-solving techniques, project management, lifecycle management and Operational Excellence. Additionally, the Sr. Engineer is responsible for providing project leadership and daily operational support to the Engineering team at the Amgen Rhode Island site.Key responsibilities:
- Leads and supports capital project planning and execution
- Facilitates the application of sophisticated automation engineering principles in the design, specification, construction, startup, and validation of process and GMP utilities equipment and systems for capital projects of significant scope and complexity.
- Leads and supports new product introductions or new technology
- Works closely with multiple disciplines, including manufacturing, process engineering, utility operations, maintenance, quality assurance, and validation to manage a diverse portfolio of projects.
- Provides technical support to commercial and clinical manufacturing as needed.
- Optimize existing processes by implementing and leading novel design and coding concepts.
- Develops and executes strategic initiatives for long-range planning and lifecycle upgrades of various Automation platforms with activities including managing a 5 year roadmap of systems, presenting high level scope and cost estimates to executives for annual capital funding plan, and project management of initiatives once approved for execution.
- Provides technical support and issue resolution 24x7 on-call support of Automation systems on a rotational based frequency.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our outstanding contributions to serve patients. The Automation professional we seek is an ambitious person with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications:
Masters degree and 3 years of automation and/or engineering experience
Bachelors degree and 5 years of automation and/or engineering experience
Associates degree and 10 years of automation and/or engineering experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of automation and/or engineering experiencePreferred Qualifications:
- 5+ years experience in Process Automation Engineering in a manufacturing support environment with 3+ years experience in the Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology industries
- 5+ years experience with the following product platforms: Emerson DeltaV DCS systems!
- Familiarity with industry standards for batch control systems, software development life cycle methodologies, S88, 21 CFR Part 11, Validation, and GAMP!
- Experience with Mammalian Cell Culture, Protein Purification, Clean Utilities, CIP, SIP, Production Services and non-GMP Utilities preferred.
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, improve your expertise, and increase your potential along your career journey.
for a career that defies creativity
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.