Gilead Sciences is continuing to hire for all open roles. Our interview process may be conducted virtually and some roles will be asked to temporarily work from home. Over the coming weeks and months, we will be implementing a phased approach to bringing employees back to site to ensure the health and safety of our teams.For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.Job DescriptionPosition Summary:
The Senior Manager will play a key role as part of an emerging business technology group at La Verne by partnering with the Director and technology solution team in Supply Chain to deliver application and technology-based solutions for the LV site. Responsibilities would be focus in one of two areas (based on the candidate's background): master data strategy, particularly with SAP and Project BlueStream or manufacturing execution software (MES) and digitization of commercial manufacturing batch records. The Senior Manager will be a working leader by developing and managing aspects of the multiyear implementations of SAP and MES. There will be an emphasis on both management of operational process understanding and execution of the design of the systems to meet the requirements of those operational processes. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of execution on and deliver of project and technology milestones.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Education, Experience, and Skills
- Partner with Business Process Owners to identify areas of improvement and translate these opportunities into deliverable solutions.
- Serves as the liaison between business users and IT, application (SAP and/or MES) implementation partners, and Global Support team. Works with functional business units to plan, coordinate, and execute the implementation and deployment of new software applications as well as enhancements, maintenance and upgrades of existing applications.
- Lead the gathering, documentation, and management of system & process requirements for either MES or SAP and any boundary application interfaces.
- Provides input on and executes assessments of the value delivered for improvement initiatives and business process enhancement.
- Partners with cross-functional groups and contractors to ensure successful and timely deliverables.
- Responsible for designing business processes for the recording of, system of record for, and transaction types required for inventory transactions between MES and SAP including Ambisome manufacturing and packaging, Solid Dose packaging, clinical operations, and future commercial fill operations.
- Partners with global team to ensure local requirements, processes, and input are considered and incorporated into the implementation of business technology solutions.
- Manage aspects of the local master data management processes in line with and contributing to the development of a local master data and application governance model for SAP and/or MES.
- Partners with the business units to identify needs for integration of business applications and simplification of the application ecosystem to realize the goal of an integrated electronic plant.
- Gain an understanding of the enabling technologies supporting supply chain, single source of data, commercial manufacturing, integrated applications and integrated business processes
- Supports analysis of Gilead policies, procedures, techniques, standards, and systems. Contributes to the development of new business processes and standards.
- Executes on the preparation and communication of complex ‘current state' and ‘future state' documents to site leadership and staff.
- 8+ years relevant experience in related field and a BS or BA; or
- 6+ years of relevant experience and a MA/MBA.
- Demonstrated high aptitude for working with technical details and data applications required.
- Strong working knowledge of either Manufacturing Execution Software (MES/PAS-X) or SAP Supply Chain and ERP software is highly desired.
- Familiarity with business technology application data management, particularly SAP and/or MES, preferred.
- Experience in pharmaceutical operations/cGMP environment highly desirable.
- Demonstrates a collaborative mindset, nurtures teamwork and influences cross-functionally.
- Excellent verbal and written communication including strong presentation and group speaking skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent analytical skills – ability to manage large datasets
Must have a desire to learn new business operations and drive the future way of work
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org
for assistance.Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. "Full vaccination" is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.​
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.