Medical Science & Computing, Inc. is searching for a Clinical Data Engineer with focus on Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) processes and business layer communications between software front-end and back-end. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working with varied clinical data using Python, and client APIs. The data engineer will develop solutions to be used alongside a highly customized LabKey environment at the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease (NIAID) in the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is a full-time position with MSC and it is on-site at NIH in Rockville, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
B.S. or higher in computer science or related field
- Experience with pipelines and biomedical data workflow management systems (such as airflow, LONI, others)
- 3+ years of experience with Python development
- Experience with Extract-Transform-Load of data in a bioinformatics, biomedical, or clinical field
- 3+ years of experience working with APIs, integrating with external web services (REST, XML, JSON) or third-party tools
- 2+ years of experience with Git and code deployments to multiple environments and involving contributions of multiple team members
- Development of reports and dashboards through SQL queries
- Demonstrated experience extending the functionality of existing software; ability to learn an existing body of code and extend it
- Developing code in an agile development team, documenting code and tracking tasks
- Experience with Linux/Unix shell scripting
- Experience developing solutions for Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS)
- Experience with biospecimen repositories such as BSI
- Experience interacting with clinical data management systems and warehouses or REDCap
- Experience communicating with end users on software development projects
- Experience reviewing and editing PERL and Java
- Understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle and exposure to Agile or iterative software design practices
- Other duties as required
Dovel Technologies and its Family of Companies (Medical Science & Computing and Ace Info Solutions) was acquired in October 2021.
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance, including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse, and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.