Triumvira is a multi-national, clinical stage biotechnology company located in Hamilton, Ontario with it’s headquarters in Austin, Texas.
We are a fast-paced, innovative, forward-thinking, and highly collaborative culture of scientists, technologists, R&D and other professionals that focus on therapies for small tumors. Over the last year, our headcount increased by 46% over the last year and we have one of the most exciting portfolios in the Canadian biotech sector! It’s a great time to be part of Triumvira Immunologics.
Our team needs a skilled, intuitive, detail-oriented, and experienced Human Resources Manager to support our Hamilton office. Our new team member will take on routine HR and office operational tasks and then have the latitude to develop local HR practices, coach/mentor staff, build systems and demonstrate effective HR business partnership. The ability to work autonomously, sniff out the opportunities and run your own plays is highly prized. To be effective, our HR Manager must be personable, warm, ready-to-engage people and tactful.
This position will report to the Sr. Director of Human Resources but will have matrix reporting relationships to ensure well-rounded business support. You will have some flexibility to work remotely from time-to-time, but an in-office presence is an essential part of this role.
Some typical HR duties will include:
· Supporting New Hire Onboarding activities like onboarding communications, offer letter generation, background screenings, collecting documentation, answering new hire questions about everything from pay to benefits.
· Partnering with HR leadership to support employee development, recruitment and talent sourcing, engagement, and compliance activities for the business.
· Bridge management and employee relations issues by addressing employee needs, conflict resolution, morale, accessibility, and support requests.
· Organizing virtual and onsite interviews with hiring managers and business leaders.
· Ensuring legal compliance with Ontario laws and actively pursuing HR best practices.
· Employee data management in our HRIS/Payroll system and continuous data integrity management.
· Developing and monitoring people analytics, creating insightful reports using Excel.
This role will also support some office management/administration (as needed) on office supply inventory, travel arrangements, meeting scheduling, bank deposits, office safety/accessibility, emergency closures, and be a contact for our building administration.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Psychology, Human Resources, or a related field of study
· Minimum of 8 years of progressive working experience as an HR Manager, HR Business Partner or HR Generalist
This role requires a strong understanding of Canadian employment law. We require candidates to have a minimum of 8 years working in a Canadian business. Must be eligible to legally work in Canada without sponsorship.
· Experience with HRIS and/or Payroll systems like TriNet, PayCom, UltiPro, Workday, SAP, etc.
· Skilled using office productivity software including Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
· Leadership skills and a high degree of people-orientation
· Knowledge of common labor law and HR best practices