We are currently searching for a Workforce Management Specialist to provide support to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is a full-time position with MSC and it is onsite in Bethesda, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and present training sessions/modules
- Develop comprehensive resources, job aids, and other reference materials/tools to facilitate administrative operations and business practices.
- Build and maintain external relationships to convey information about NIH as an employer and publicize training and employment opportunities with NIH throughout the calendar year.
- Develop and implement innovative outreach strategies and tools targeting populations of interest (e.g. students, scientists, administrative professionals and diverse candidates).
- Participate in outreach events targeted to populations of interest.
- Prepare and deliver general student presentations virtually and in person.
- Respond to inquiries for employment information received in the team’s employment in-box or otherwise.
- Actively participate in NIH-wide groups to represent IC’s interest.
- Collaborate with appropriate NIH offices for additional event opportunities.
- Track and maintain the volume of outreach activities within the calendar year by using an event tracker on LiveLink.
- Respond to annual MD-715 and NIH Risk Mitigation reports
- Provide support in selecting and onboarding Presidential Management Fellows.
- Coordinate responses to all NIH OHR Global Recruitment initiatives.
- Maintain a robust understanding of the Pathways Program.
- Respond to all employment outreach email inbox inquiries
- Manage special projects related to above.
- Provide sound recommendations and guidance to senior level and program level scientific/administrative managers on DHHS and NIH policy requirements and justification strategies.
- Review and interpret HHS and NIH regulatory and policy guidance and assessment for impact/implementation.
- Collaborate with NIH scientific and administrative leadership on policy interpretation and implementation.
- Research, analyze, develop, and implement Institute-level policy and procedures.
- Develop strategies to solve recruitment and retention issues related to mission-critical positions.
- Review Title 42 cases submitted to the Pay Board
- Review Title 42 cases and Title 5 cases submitted for the approval of the Director or Deputy Director.
- Write recommendation memos and other justification documents for senior scientific positions (e.g. Deputy Directors etc.)
- IC-specific policy development and implementation
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline
- Minimum of (3) years of directly related experience.
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of the NIH hiring mechanisms.
- Experience in highly-specialized NIH Intramural Research Program policies, procedures, and requirements.
- Familiarity with Title 42 accepted employment authority in the NIH intramural and extramural research programs.
- Experience in providing management advisory services and senior staff support to an organization’s top scientific and administrative management.
- Prior contracting experience at NIH/HHS or a government agency.
- Experience with federal recruitment/onboarding at NIH.
- Pathways and Presidential Management Fellow program experience.
- Familiarity with Management Directive 715.
- Comfortable conducting webinars and attending onsite recruitment events with team members.
- Comfortable with following (existing) detailed processes related to advertising hard to fill scientific positions – will have support and guidance.
- Must be dependable and responsive, as well as open to receiving oversight and working collaboratively to keep others appraised and up to date on the status of various programs and activities that are ongoing.
- Must be resourceful and able to perform work and organize projects both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to lift up to 40lbs.
- Effective communication skills.
Dovel Technologies and its Family of Companies (Medical Science & Computing and Ace Info Solutions) was acquired in October 2021.
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance, including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse, and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.