About IDEAYA Biosciences:
IDEAYA Biosciences (NASDAQ: IDYA) is a public, clinical-stage oncology-focused precision medicine company committed to the discovery and development of targeted therapeutics for patient populations selected using DNA sequencing and other molecular diagnostics. Our approach integrates extensive capabilities in identifying and validating translational biomarkers with small molecule drug discovery to select patient populations most likely to benefit from the therapies we are developing. We are applying these capabilities across multiple classes of precision medicine, including direct targeting of oncogenic pathways and synthetic lethality – which represents an emerging class of precision medicine targets. We believe this diversified approach will enable us to deliver the right medicine to the right patient to drive a more robust clinical response.
IDEAYA has an industry leading platform and pipeline in Synthetic Lethality. IDEAYA has established strategic collaborations with GSK, Amgen and Pfizer supporting its pipeline programs, and also has wholly-owned or controlled clinical and preclinical programs. For more information, please see www.ideayabio.com
IDEAYA Biosciences is seeking a Senior Computational scientist to join our Bioinformatics team. This individual will work on a range of early-stage programs including new target ID efforts. The role will have a heavy focus on computational analysis of internal and public external multi-omic and CRISPR screening datasets to test and help derive novel hypotheses. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working with a range of omic datatypes generated from in vitro and in vivo model systems. The ideal candidate will enjoy working collaboratively in a fast-paced environment on a range of challenging and exciting scientific problems. This is a unique opportunity to gain broad computational experience throughout the early stages of drug development and work on cutting edge functional genomic and single cell datasets.
What you’ll do:
- Aid in and lead analyses for drug target identification via development of statistical models to integrate diverse data sources that guide interpretation and decision making
- Carry out standard and complex differential analyses of omics data amongst a wide array of in vitro, and in vivo samples
- Work closely with scientists throughout the organization to accelerate and enable testing of hypotheses through computational analyses
- Clearly communicate and present results to project teams and the larger organization
- Develop working knowledge of cancer biology underpinning IDEAYA projects to facilitate communication and more rapid analyses
- Problem solver and self-starter who is passionate about their own career growth and development
- Team player who is comfortable playing supporting or leading roles when necessary
- Clear communicator who can work closely with biological scientists
- PhD in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, or associated field
- Strong working knowledge of linear modeling, regression techniques, and associated statistical tests
- Working knowledge of dimensionality reduction and feature engineering techniques
- Experience with RNAseq and or multi-omic differential analysis
- Experience with human NGS datasets and UNIX based bioinformatic tools
- Strong familiarity with standard bioinformatic data resources such as ensemble, uniprot, pfam, etc…
- Proficient in Python/R data processing and usage of bioinformatic packages
- Proficient in visualization and presentation of complex data
- Proficient with usage of cluster and or cloud computing resources
- Familiarity with version control and software engineering best practices
Must have requirements:
- Experience with scRNAseq
- Experience with functional genomics datasets (e.g. CRISPR screening)
- Experience with Oncology based omics data and data resources such as TCGA and DepMap
- Experience building and validating machine learning based models with multi-omic data sources
- Experience with non-linear modeling and optimization techniques
- Experience with Bayesian methods and causal network modeling
The Company complies with all laws respecting equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against applicants with regard to any protected characteristic as defined by federal, state, and local law. This position requires you to work onsite at the Company’s facilities, with partial work-from-home flexibility, and the Company requires that all employees working in its facilities be fully vaccinated (except as required by applicable law). Therefore, this position requires you to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for medical or religious reasons, and/or as otherwise required by applicable law. The Company considers you fully vaccinated once 14 days have passed since you received either the second dose in a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine series or a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine. The vaccine must have been FDA approved, have emergency use authorization from the FDA, or, for persons fully vaccinated outside of the U.S., be listed for emergency use by the World Health Organization.
When you're at IDEAYA, you will be in the midst of brilliant minds working on precision medicine therapies to help cancer patients. We are passionate and committed about being on the forefront of oncology medicine, which means we all have a high internal drive that is at the very core of every person at IDEAYA. We are inquisitive, ask deep questions, and are data-driven innovators who like to collaborate and use team work to move science forward.
IDEAYA is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, IDEAYA does not discriminate in hiring or otherwise in employment based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. EOE/AA/Vets.California Job Applicant Privacy Notice