Regeneron's Preclinical Manufacturing & Process Development Group (PMPD) is seeking a Process Development Engineer II as a full time position to work in the Purification Development group. In this role, you will be responsible for the purification at pilot scale of a variety of clinical biologics, building systems to support the planning and execution of pilot scale work, investigating technologies to support the scalability of pilot scale operations, and managing other engineers focused on pilot scale operations. The ideal candidate will be hardworking, efficient, flexible, and able to perform key responsibilities in a fast-paced, team environment. This is a lab based role focused on pilot scale operations, requiring a significant amount of physical activity.
A Typical Day in the Role Might Look Like:
- An engineer who is experienced in the general operations of a laboratory and/or functional area. Manages and organizes data independently - has some decision making capability and works with supervisor to make well informed decisions. Participates effectively as a member of a "team" within their laboratory or functional area. Communicates with all levels of the organization. Complete experiments alone and/or in collaboration with others. Performs routine technical tasks, and manages, organizes, and interprets data independently, and presents results to their supervisor. Receives general instruction for routine work; more detailed instruction is provided for new projects. The ability to design experiments with proper controls.
- Performs experiments/projects using established procedures. Performs basic data entry and analysis alone or in collaboration with others and recognizes unexpected results. Understands scientific method and experimental controls and works to perfect technique on the basics. Scientifically curious, enthusiastic, and proactively asks questions to learn or seek clarification
- Provides coaching, mentorship, and performance planning to direct reports and/or junior team members.
- Reads and understands scientific literature and technical documentation. Implements experimental plans to verify literature findings with direction and prepares comparison of internal data to literature for review with manager.
- Trains and becomes proficient in operations of job-relevant laboratory instrumentation and data systems. May have a role in knowledge/data management and be responsible for maintenance and service of lab/data resources. Will assist in training new staff after demonstrating competency.
- Will support technology development and improvement initiatives
- May contribute to development of technology and automation to increase the throughput and speed of pilot scale operations.
- Builds relationships within subgroup and department to support the shared goals of training and mentoring direct reports and co-op students/interns. Proactively assists others in execution of experiments and knows when to ask for help from peers.
This Role Might Be For You If You :
- Enjoy a fast paced pilot scale laboratory setting where sound science and team work are the priorities.
- Contribute to lab equipment maintenance and safety to help create a safe, effective and efficient working environment.
- Anticipate and recognize potential problems with laboratory supplies / equipment and act to prevent and tackle problems.
- Can ensure training and/or compliance responsibilities are maintained.
The role requires A Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in either Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, or Biochemistry, and 3 - 5+ years’ experience in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry. A strong fundamental understanding of various protein purification techniques is a plus. Experience with Downstream Development and with equipment like: Tangential flow filters, Normal flow filters, ultrafiltration/diafiltration skids, Akta chromatography systems, disc stack centrifuge, depth filtration, chromatographic columns, HPLC, UPLC, Empower, Unicorn, JMP, LIMS, PI Historian is a plus. Experience with raman spectroscopy and/or software programming is a plus.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or parental status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.