Health & Biosciences is one of the four business divisions within IFF. Inspired by nature and distinguished by its world-class bioscience and microbiome capabilities, IFF’s Health & Biosciences division is a leading innovation partner for customers across a broad range of consumer product, industrial and agricultural sectors. Health & Biosciences works closely with our customers to enhance products – and their processes – to deliver safer, healthier and more sustainable solutions.
The Health business within Health & Biosciences develops functional natural health and nutrition ingredients, including our premium HOWARU probiotic products, used in dietary supplements, functional food, infant and elderly nutrition, cosmetics, personal care and other over-the-counter products. Our customers benefit from a wealth of regulatory, application and formulation expertise, along with proprietary technology, in-depth market knowledge and global capabilities. We continually develop new formulas to meet changing consumer preferences and customer needs.
The Senior Formulation Scientist is a critical role in the Health Applications Development team supporting key application and formulation development for customer and internal innovation projects. This role manages the technical relationship with specific Dietary Supplement and Pharmaceutical customers in support of growing the business and developing a pipeline of opportunities. If you are ready to join an organization with the energy and excitement of a start-up with the stability that comes from a proven track record of one of the world’s largest and most successful biotechnology companies, we invite you to apply for the following opportunity.
Bachelor of Science degree in a relevant discipline, such as Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or Life Sciences is required, Masters and PhD degree strongly preferred
• 5+ years’ experience in dietary supplement or pharmaceutical formulation and technical service or product development experience, which should include: hands-on experience with processes to produce capsules, stick packs, sachets, tablets, and/or other supplement formats.
• Must be a self-starter, able to work with a high degree of autonomy while remaining a team player
• Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
• Competent in mathematical and statistical analysis
• Strong written and verbal communication skills both internally and externally with customers
• Global travel up to 10%
• Previous experience with probiotic powders
• Deep understanding of raw material suppliers and grades of materials for dietary supplement and/or pharmaceutical applications
• Experience in a pharmaceutical manufacturing environment
• Understanding of pharmaceutical regulatory requirements
• Good understanding of packaging materials and analytical methods to assess performance
• Practical experience scaling-up processes from lab through commercial scale
About Madison, WI
Located in south-central Wisconsin tucked between Lakes Mendota and Monona, Madison has earned a reputation as one of the best places to live and work in the country. Ranked as #3 in the Top 100 Best Places to Live in America, Madison offers 200 miles of trails and a chain of 5 sparkling lakes, with big city vibes and small-town charm. Visit Capitol Square to enjoy a variety of museums and amazing architecture, browse through the unique selections at largest farmer’s market in the US, enjoy endless festivals and live music, or stop by a farm to table restaurant or craft brewery for a taste of Wisconsin. There’s always something fun to do in Madison.
Want to find out more about us?
Please visit IFF.com/careers to learn more.
At IFF, we believe that your uniqueness unleashes our potential. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace.