Manager, Scientific Software Engineer
We are seeking an experienced scientific software engineer to join Pfizer Digital’s R&D Solutions organization and contribute to streamlining Pfizer’s R&D workflows and enabling data driven decision-making. You will apply your full stack software engineering skills in modern web user interface design and development, microservices, and database technologies to digitize drug discovery processes that bring breakthrough medicines to patients. You will work closely with R&D researchers to align the solutions with the evolving needs of the scientific community while ensuring system usability, robustness, scalability, and maintainability. A good balance of scientific knowledge and solid technical skills will be key to the success of this role.
- Collaborate with R&D scientists to understand their workflows and digital needs, design and implement minimally viable products (MVP) from an initial set of requirements, employ agile methodologies for rapid solution evolution.
- Manage stakeholder expectations on project scope, deliverables and timelines.
- Work in a matrix, team environment with Pfizer colleagues (both Digital and R&D) as well as vendor partners.
- Mentor junior members in the software development team on best practices in software development.
- Advocate for Agile and DevOps methodologies, and keep abreast of emerging technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, bioinformatics or related fields, or demonstrable equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of full stack software development experiences in the biopharmaceutical realm.
- Experience with HPC and cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP and Azure, and familiarity with container technologies such as docker and singularity.
- Demonstrated ability to act independently, proactively identify problems, troubleshoot issues, and develop potential solutions with innovative approaches.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills. Must contribute to a team-based, collaborative, and positive environment.
- Advanced degree (MS, PhD) in bioinformatics or computational biology
- Experience in bioinformatics and Omics data and analysis pipelines.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Occasional business travel within US
For roles based in Colorado:
The annual base salary for this position ranges from $87,300 to $145,500. In addition, this position offers an annual bonus with a target of 12.5% of the base salary and eligibility to participate in our share based long term incentive program. Benefits offered include a retirement savings plan, paid vacation, holiday and personal days, paid caregiver/parental and medical leave, and health benefits to include medical, prescription drug, dental and vision coverage in accordance with the terms and conditions of the applicable plans.
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Information & Business Tech