Scientific Writer Behavioral and Social Sciences
We are currently looking for a Technical Writer to support the NIH OD. This position is located in Bethesda MD.Duties & Responsibilities
- Research, write and edit scientific and technical information in a variety of formats, including articles, blog posts, factsheets, one-pagers, brochures, presentations and speeches, workshop summaries, reports, briefing materials, press releases, content for digital media in online and print format
- Assist program and project managers draft and edit scientific documentation related to research and operational projects
- Prepare summaries, reports, dashboards, and presentations on results of literature reviews to researchers and staffs
- Critically review draft documents, synthesize comments, and incorporate appropriate comments from other reviewers into successive drafts to prepare final documents
- Prepare letters, memoranda, reports, agendas, abstracts, protocols, and laboratory announcements for internal distribution
- Research, write and edit technical reports of original research specifications, findings, and conclusions for submission to administrative, legislative, and regulatory review
- Prepare technical summaries of proposed, ongoing, or concluded research projects and studies for circulation within and among scientific elements within the government
- Assess proposed and ongoing programs, projects and studies and conduct literature reviews to support researchers and study staff inform, guide, validate, refute, etc. findings and conclusions
- Compile and organize primary research data from research conducted and develop tabular and graphical representations of the data
- Use Reference Manager Software to place references into the text, with style and formatting appropriate for the journal
- Coordinate with senior executives to prepare outline and collect and assemble into annual reports
- Collect and assemble source materials into succinct response to research and operational audit requests
- Review and provide comment on the scientific and technical accuracy of a variety of reports, presentations, and correspondence
- Review and provide edits to a variety of external communication and informational materials to ensure scientific and technical accuracy and completeness
- Assist researchers develop scientific and technical documentation, providing insights, guidance, and recommendations to improve products
- Advise researchers and staff on the appropriate type of documentation or informational materials to create based on needs and requirements.
- Proofread all documents (drafts and final forms) for scientific and technical accuracy and completeness prior to submitting them for review and approval or acceptance
- Cross-check original and referenced data and verify cited content from source documents and perform originality reviews or all scientific and technical writing
- Provide expert advice for general health and science communications activities that involve content creation for health communication and outreach projects, scientific and technical publication, promotional materials, and online events
- Design and implement a publications program that enhances development and dissemination of information about the Institute’s research programs activities and outcomes
- Research, repackage and share among research and operational staff best practices, tips, and practices for improving the quality and consistency of scientific and technical writing
- Master’s degree in General Social Sciences, Communications, Community and Public Health, Psychology, Sociology, Political Science and Government or related field
- At least 5-7 years of experience
- Scientific writing
- Social and Behavioral Science
- Technical Writing
- Oral and written communication skills
- Microsoft Office
Dovel Technologies and its Family of Companies (Medical Science & Computing and Ace Info Solutions) was acquired in October 2021.
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance, including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse, and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.