Sr. Project Engineer-Capital Projects
Summary: Our Capital Project team in College Station, Texas is expanding and we are looking for a Senior Project Engineer to ensure deliverables for his/her respective projects are well managed and in line with their stakeholders and company expectations. We are looking for a Senior Project Engineer who can help to plan projects and establish the criteria by which project success will be measured. The successful candidate will be responsible for establishing project inspection criteria, coordinating the review of project designs and ensuring the proper implementation of project elements. If you are a detail-oriented professional with over 10 years' experience in project management and engineering, we encourage you to apply for this position.
- Collaborate with other Engineers and staff to create more efficient methods and maintain profitability
- Develop the specifications for equipment, infrastructure and systems that is required for each project
- Create/Maintain the framework used to develop and monitor project metrics and manage the collection of project data
- Formulate realistic parameters for each project, including design elements and implementation procedures.
- Establish the methods by which all field test are administered and develop various ways to monitor the quality of those tests.
- Lead / manage the execution of capital projects pursuant to project requirements.
- Conform to industry standard quality and regulatory expectations ensuring change controls are appropriately used when necessary. Proactively identify engineering problems or opportunities, and apply technical expertise to develop and present feasible solutions
- Work with outside contracting firms to bring projects from the conceptual design stage to execution ensuring completion within time and budgetary constraints while delivering a high quality end product
- Coordinate and review contractor and vendor activity and interface with personnel as required ensuring all company standards are maintained
- Ensure thorough engineering standards for project execution, design, equipment standards, safety, and cost control
- Direct procurement of required equipment and materials for a specific project, including fabrication, off-the-shelf components, and custom components
- Ensure project documents are created accurately in a timely manner and review vendor / contractor documents including datasheets, drawings, specification documents, test documents, or other project-specific documents
- Respond to and research engineering problems for timely resolution to include leveraging vendor or manufacturer expertise to solve equipment and facility related problems
- Keep project management software and dashboards update
- Understanding the use of work breakdown structure to deliver effectively project objectives
- Actively review projects status and communicate progress and constrains
- Performs other duties as assigned
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated leadership, interpersonal, technical aptitude, and problem solving skills
- Must be flexible and able to manage multiple priorities and projects
- Must be results driven and goal oriented with the ability to manage risks
- Hands-on active project management style while maintaining awareness of team activities
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate within cross-functional teams and to upper management
- Ability to organize and present technical overviews to engineering staff, cross functional departments, and upper management
- Openly shares knowledge/information needed to accomplish a task or solve a problem
- Self-starter and detail oriented
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements for manufacturing of pharmaceutical products
- Strong project management capabilities; scope generation; cost estimation; project scheduling; capital equipment specification, procurement and qualification; hands on equipment problem solving ability; experience in process validation; experience in cGMP manufacturing environment
- Prior experience managing outside contracting firms
- Proficiency with MS Project, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, MS Word, Visio, and SharePoint and other most common applications for analysis/problem resolution
- Support and supervise activities outside normal business hours as needed, during night time and weekends
- Problem-solving mentality to creatively troubleshoot unexpected process or equipment issues
- Must be energetic, positive, detail-oriented, and self-motivated
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Experience prolonged sitting, standing, bending, stooping, climbing and stretching
- Use hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment is required
- Be exposed to noisy environments
- Travel time up to 10%.
- Support company activities 24/7
- Attendance is mandatory
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering or equivalent or related field
- 10 years of relevant project planning and field management experience
- Relevant project engineering experience in a biotechnology or pharmaceutical development and manufacturing environment managing a portfolio of multiple complex projects.
- Engineering Documentation Management
- AutoCAD and Revit proficiency is a plus
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If an accommodation to the application process is needed, please email FDBTHR@fujifilm.com or call 979-431-3528.