Chemistry Sales Specialist
Waters is seeking a dynamic individual for the role of Chemistry and Consumables Sales Specialist in the New Jersey District. The Chemistry Sales Specialist is responsible for selling Waters chemistry product lines within an assigned geographic territory. These include HPLC, UPLC, LC/MS and SFC columns, sample prep products, standards, vials and other consumables. Responsibilities will include delivering technical presentations and taking part in workshops and demonstrations to sell chemistry consumables products into a wide variety of markets, including life science, pharmaceutical, food and environmental, clinical and chemical materials. The desired candidate is a self starter in developing and implementing a territorial business plan while working in concert with their assigned account managers, specialists and marketing colleagues to deliver an aggressive call cycle and business development activities. The foundation of the Chemistry Specialist's role is to develop a keen understanding of the customers' needs and challenges, designing solutions with lasting and meaningful business impact.
The territory covers New Jersey, including large Pharma.
- Meet or exceed sales targets
- Maintain and grow installed base customer satisfaction
- Aggressively develop new prospects and penetrate competitive accounts
- Visit customers and prospects on a daily basis to understand needs and challenges and highlight Waters solutions
- Build technical competency on Waters solution and be perceived by customers as a valued business partner
- Keep current on market dynamics, application trends, and competitive landscape
- Become an active member of the local scientific community to understand customer needs and promote Waters solutions
- Provide feedback to marketing team to create business development programs
- Fully utilize sales contact management tools and applications
- Submit accurate and timely monthly sales forecasts
- Minimum of BS/BA in chemistry or a related discipline
- At least 3 years LC and/or LC/MS experience.
- Practical sales experience is an advantage
- Action oriented and self-driven for results
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent organization / planning / time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and a good listener
- Mature disposition, positive attitude and strong sense of commitment
- Adaptive to dynamic and changing environment
Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT), the world's leading specialty measurement company, has pioneered chromatography, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis innovations serving the life, materials, and food sciences for more than 60 years. With more than 7,000 employees worldwide, Waters operates directly in 35 countries, including 15 manufacturing facilities, with products available in more than 100 countries. Our team focuses on creating business advantages for laboratory-dependent organizations to enable significant advancement in healthcare delivery, environmental management, food safety, and water quality.
Working at Waters enables our employees to unlock the potential of their careers. Our global team is driven by purpose. We strive to be better, learn and improve every day in everything we do. We're the problem solvers and innovators that aren't afraid to take risks to transform the world of human health and well-being. We're all in it together delivering benefit as one to provide the insights needed today in order to solve the challenges of tomorrow.
Diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our core values at Waters Corporation. It is our responsibility to actively implement programs and practices to drive inclusive behavior and increase diversity across the organization. We are united by diversity and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, our customers and our community. Waters is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or protected Veteran status.
Key Wordssales, chemistry, consumables, laboratories, HPLC, UPLC, LC, MS, LC/MS, columns, sample prep