About the Company:
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn..
The Data Solutions Department within the Information Research (IR) Division is building the next generation of data management and decision support tools and services to optimize the efficiency and efficacy of research and development at AbbVie.
The Real-World Data (RWD) team focuses on supporting the real-world data solutions across R&D, to support insights generation and sharing of wisdom within our data. RWD Engineer will independently identify and optimize technology solutions that address critical business needs within projects and for the team to scale solutions. Continuously seek to improve existing methods and processes. Data engineer will work on multiple RWD data projects and support the use of various types of data such as: claims, electronic health records, survey, registry studies, etc.
- Demonstrate high proficiency across a wide range of technologies and platforms related to data model design and development, programming languages, data integration, data optimization, data analysis and data storage.
- Assist project teams to understand and follow data standards.
- Work with project teams to build data models fit for purpose with the intent on reusability, scalability, and performance at the core of the design.
- Participate in evaluation of new software, utilities, and tools and setting strategy for implementing new technologies.
- Provide technical leadership and consults with teams in planning, methods, procedures, standards, and best practices.
- Analyze and resolve technical problems using analytical problem-solving methods/techniques.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of the pharmaceutical R&D business and utilize this knowledge in the rapid advancement of agile, impactful, and cost-effective solutions.
- Liaison with analytics project teams to ensure that the data is analysis ready to address the questions posed by business stakeholders.
- Provide comprehensive consultation to the cross-functional team in their data and technology expertise area.
- Prototype emerging business use cases to validate technology platforms and proposed solutions.
- MS in Computer Science, or a related field with 2+ years of relevant experience. Or BS Computer Science, or a related field with 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, HDFS - EMR, Cloudera
- Demonstrates proficiency in SQL
- Experience with Clinical Trial & Real Word Evidence (EHR, Claims & Pharmacy, etc.) data format is preferred
- Experience with data modeling tools such as Erwin or ER studio
- Some fluency in one or the other programing languages, such as Python or R is preferred
- **Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled**