Senior Counsel, Commercial Litigation
COMMERCIAL LITIGATION – SENIOR COUNSEL
Primary Job Function
We want a top-tier strategic thinker who can actively lead litigation matters across a broad array of disciplines, including antitrust, contract, employment, internal and external investigation, product liability, securities, and shareholder matters. As part of a tight-knit team, you will set the strategy and drive the results. A successful litigator in this role will apply principled legal analysis with a blend of common sense, sound judgment, and creativity. You will join a highly respected legal department at a leading biopharmaceutical company dedicated to solving serious health issues and having a remarkable impact on patient’s lives.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Develop successful litigation strategies, and supervise and direct outside counsel in executing them.
- Identify, cultivate relationships with, and give opportunities to, outstanding under-represented litigation attorneys at law firms to increase the diversity of our outside counsel representation.
- Have the courage to form and defend a point of view on sensitive, high-profile issues, balanced with the humility to accept and incorporate other perspectives.
- Blend rigorous legal assessment with creative problem solving.
- Be self-motivated and intellectually curious.
- Counsel internal clients in all areas of the business and at all levels of management on legal issues.
- Interact externally with customers, suppliers, partners, competitors, courts, and government agencies.
- Develop reasonable, reliable budgets and manage the staffing and efficiency of outside counsel and other service providers to deliver strong results within those budgets.
- Candidates must possess a JD degree and have or be able to obtain appropriate licensure to practice law in Illinois.
- 7+ years of high-level litigation experience at law firms and/or in-house.
- Significant experience in any particular subject matter (e.g., antitrust or product liability) is not required.