Solution Manager - US Patient Services BTS
AbbVie US Commercial Patient Services Business Technology Solutions (BTS) organization is looking for a Solution Manager to be part of the Solutions management team within Technology Services and Architecture function to lead the solution features, prioritization, sprint planning, user experience design, and work with architecture & engineering teams to implement the patient services solutions across Access & Reimbursement, Patient Outreach, Marketing and Tele-Experience functions.
Solution Manager is the technology account executive, business relationship manager, and the voice of the customer, who will understand the business requirements and translate that into technical solution features to deliver the solution that meets the business objectives and user needs. This position will be responsible for owning the technology solution features, user stories, user experience design, business process and workflows, etc. to deliver desired business outcomes. This position will be responsible to proactively understand business requirements, educate cross-functional teams on existing technology capabilities, and influence/develop capabilities roadmaps. He/she will stay on top of technology trends and perform the required technical research and due diligence when necessary to recommend the use of new technology capabilities in partnership with solutions architecture team.
This position will report to Associate Director of Solutions Management and will partner with BTS strategy and planning team, BTS function leads, care model operations team, business functional leads, solutions engineering and architecture teams to deliver the best-in-class Patient Relationship Management platform for US Patient Services organization across all brands.
This position will manage team of business systems analysts, UX engineer and partner with solutions engineering & architecture teams, digital marketing hub team to: Define the functional requirements of new and existing systems. Collaborate in the planning, design, development and deployment of new systems, and enhancements to existing systems. Determine ways of leveraging existing systems for new requirements. Enhance business processes, operations, and information process flow. Identify and resolve issues with existing systems. Proactively identifies areas of opportunity to apply IT for new business opportunities, process improvement, and cost efficiencies.
- Know the business strategy and can clearly formulate business priorities to the Feature team. Facilitate the relationship with the end users and business & BTS functional leads, bringing the voice and priorities of the business & users to the forefront. Define and manage the solution roadmap, translate business requirements into solution features, maintain healthy solutions backlog, prioritize the features, and deliver the technical solution by partnering with functional leads, solutions architecture, engineering, and operations team.
- Partners with Solutions Architecture team to create functional and technical solution design; Partners with data governance team to obtain appropriate approvals for data collection and usage; Reviews the solution design with business care model ops and business functions.
- Adopts data driven approach to identify and validate new solution opportunities and enhancements. Identify gaps, generate new ideas, influence investment decisions to improve solution features
- Act as the liaison for the technology solutions team to the business stakeholder and BTS functional leads.
- Create and oversee stories to develop or enhance solution features in alignment with the business requirements and act as the owner of the story to ensure it is groomed to high quality with appropriate acceptance criteria and KPIs to measure the outcomes. Responsible to perform data-driven analysis of features to ensure they will make positive impact to business and user experience.
- Act as the voice of the customer to the engineering team, prioritize the features in the sprint plan and provide necessary inputs for development and delivery of features to production.
- Owns the approval of the implemented features in the solution and be responsible to demonstrate the features to business before releasing to production.
- Define metrics to measure the adoption of the solution by the end users and its impact on the business operations. Use the metrics to make continuous improvement to the solution.
- Effectively communicate solution roadmap and release plan to business partners, BTS leadership, architecture, and engineering teams.
- Reviews the in-built version of the solution throughout the sprint to ensure features meet the business objectives
- Lead the sprint review and demo sessions, standup calls with the engineering team to ensure solution meets the feature needs.
- Build long term relationship and trust with business partners.
- Present solution roadmap, release updates, etc. to business stakeholders on a regular cadence to share the value of technology solutions with appropriate KPIs and metrics.
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies, including code of conduct, safety, GxP compliance, data security, and the software development lifecycle.
- Work with minimal oversight; deliverables and relationships are monitored through periodic reviews.
Bachelor's Degree with 7 years’ experience; Master's Degree with 6 years’ experience; PhD with 2 years’ experience.
- 2+ years of experience in Salesforce.com or any CRM platform is required.
- 4+ years of experience as a Product Manager, Product Owner/Business Systems Analyst, with experience working in Agile software development team.
- Proven experience in managing the backlog, writing user stories, leading the solution implementation, reviewing features through demo and measuring the features through KPIs/metrics.
- Proven experience in identifying and facilitating resolution of requirement, process, and project issues.
- Experience in leading brainstorming / ideation sessions and translating the output of these sessions into solution features.
- Requires in‐depth knowledge of the systems development life cycle.
- Proven experience in agile delivery model (Scrum / Kanban) and project management.
- Proven experience in collaborating with cross-functional teams in a matrix organization.
- Experience in using tools such as JIRA, Confluence, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.