Associate Business Systems Consultant - HR
The HR Business Technology Solutions (BTS) Associate Business Systems Consultant must have high level customer collaboration and communication skills to seek out strategic technology business opportunities with HR business clients. Works directly with HR business clients to understand specific business processes, identifies and communicates resulting needs and opportunities for business process improvement that can be enabled via technology. Provides advice, assistance associated with the planning, delivery, management, maintenance, and effective HR business use of information systems.
- Detail oriented, flexible when faced with change, able to manage multiple tasks and projects
- Thrives in a fast-paced work environment
- Effectively manage communications and expectations with internal and external stakeholders
- Identifies current and emerging business needs and evaluates alternative technology solutions using standard information systems methodologies and best practices
- Proactively seek out strategic business opportunities for the application of new or existing technology capabilities
- Able to function as subject matter expert (SME) to collect complete and accurate business requirements from business SMEs by means of interviews, workflow analyses and facilitated discussions
- Accountable for the accuracy of the fit of the proposed solution to the business needs and the information upon which the business justification and prioritization decisions are made.
- Accountable for communicating and documenting (i.e., business requirements, user stories, functional specifications, test plans, business process flows, etc.) the business need and drivers to development groups to assure the implementation phase can fulfill the business need.
- Work as a team player to effectively coordinate across internal teams and third-party providers
- Skilled at building relationships with clients, internal team members and other BTOs to ensure successful implementation and support of project efforts
- Performs as subject matter advisor to less experienced team members. May participate in training members of work team
- Allies with Project Managers and other BTS functional areas to remain current on project status, and inform customer management of progress; conversely, keeps BTS managers aware of user issues and resolves conflicts
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures
- Has defined authority and responsibility for area of work, including technical, financial, and quality aspects
- Establishes organizational objectives and delegates assignments. Accountable for actions and decisions taken by self and subordinates.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 6 years’ experience; Master’s Degree with 5 years’ experience; PhD with 0 years’ experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience of HR processes and Workday Human Capital Management
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task and strong problem resolution skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic, agile environment where needs and priorities can change with tight deadline
- Experience with Fieldglass.
- Experience with vendor management
- Ability to facilitate requirements gathering workshops, to elicit user requirements
- Working knowledge of System Lifecycle
- Exceptional communication, teamwork skills and have a strong customer focus
- Track record of driving project deliverables to successful conclusion
- Proficiency with MS Office suite of products (i.e., Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook, etc.)
- Prior consulting experience highly preferred
- Experience working with a global user base
- Agile software development experience