Principal Research Scientist, Pathology
Are you a creative, research driven pathologist interested in combining your knowledge of autoimmune disease with advanced molecular imaging and AI digital pathology? As a core member of our rheumatology discovery disease team your skill will be critical to drive our next generation of innovative medicines.
Our Immunology Discovery pathology group based in Worcester, MA is leading the evolution of pathology by combining our foundation of deep understanding of disease with AI digital pathology, IHC multiplexing, spatial transcriptomics and in vivo imaging to provide unparalleled impact. This position offers the opportunity for a pathologist to explore innovative ways to identify new targets and define efficacy of new small and large molecule based drugs. The successful candidate will work cross functionally to deliver scientific solutions to drive transformational efficacy for patients. We believe this is a truly exciting opportunity for a creative, research driven pathologist.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- As core member of rheumatology discovery disease team, apply comparative pathobiologic expertise to support target selection, target validation, animal model development, non-clinical biomarkers, efficacy, and discovery safety to improve candidate quality and improve translation between preclinical and clinical findings.
- Contribute to design and evaluation of translationally relevant efficacy models
- Utilize appropriate techniques such as IHC, ISH, image analysis, digital pathology, LCM to deepen understanding of target MOA in animal and human disease tissue
- Work with scientists to deliver digital image analysis endpoints (ex. Visiopharm) and ability to collaboratively guide development of deep learning algorithms.
- Contribute technical and strategic expertise as member of cross functional project teams
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM or equivalent) or MD
- Board Certification in Anatomic Pathology (ACVP or equivalent)
- Demonstration of research experience and strong publication history preferred
- Previous experience in pharmaceutical industry or contract research organization is a plus
- Knowledge of Rheumatology indications
Key Leadership Competencies:
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to develop and execute complex strategies
- Ability to build strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance
- Ability to be an active participant with leadership skills in multidisciplinary scientific teams
- Strong sense of personal responsibility and integrity and strong commitment to quality
Job level will be commensurate with experience