- Ability to assemble complex electro/mechanical instrumentation and assemblies using appropriate tooling, fixtures, and equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret documentation (procedures, process sheets, drawings, etc).
- Ability to perform basic troubleshooting on assemblies and instruments in preparation for final test and evaluation.
- Effective communication skills and ability to work in both an individual and team environment.
- Ability to work non-standard/additional hours when necessary based on production demands
- Primary duties include electro-mechanical assembly, subassembly, and basic test functions to assist the department in meeting production schedules and quality goals, while assisting in other duties as directed by department manager.
- Provide support as necessary by assisting in troubleshooting problems associated with systems, instruments, modules, sub-assemblies, processes, tooling, and material.
- Assist in determining the corrective action for problems identified in instruments, assemblies, processes, tooling, and material.
- Participate in cross training across a variety of operations for assembly, test or operation of new and existing instrument, equipment, or processes.
- Participate with department support functions in the following areas:
- Implement methods to improve manufacturing processes.
- Assist in reviewing and/or updating documentation for processes and assembly equipment.
- Assist in transferring new products, assemblies, equipment and processes from New Product Introduction into Instrument Operations.
- Gather, correlate and assist in analyzing process/product quality data.
- Perform other duties as required
- High School education or equivalent preferred
- 2 years minimum experience in an electro mechanical assembly test environment preferred
Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT), the world's leading specialty measurement company, has pioneered chromatography, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis innovations serving the life, materials, and food sciences for more than 60 years. With more than 7,000 employees worldwide, Waters operates directly in 35 countries, including 15 manufacturing facilities, with products available in more than 100 countries. Our team focuses on creating business advantages for laboratory-dependent organizations to enable significant advancement in healthcare delivery, environmental management, food safety, and water quality.
Working at Waters enables our employees to unlock the potential of their careers. Our global team is driven by purpose. We strive to be better, learn and improve every day in everything we do. We're the problem solvers and innovators that aren't afraid to take risks to transform the world of human health and well-being. We're all in it together delivering benefit as one to provide the insights needed today in order to solve the challenges of tomorrow.
Diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our core values at Waters Corporation. It is our responsibility to actively implement programs and practices to drive inclusive behavior and increase diversity across the organization. We are united by diversity and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, our customers and our community. Waters is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or protected Veteran status.