Hardware Engineering, Project Manager
In the midst of a materials revolution innovation is moving forward at an unprecedented speed. Over the next decade the rapid advancement in materials will have a massive impact.
TA Instruments and Waters are working together to aid this advancement. Supporting a wide array of markets and measurements to meet the most demanding applications.
Our instrumentation unparalleled in performance, precision and versatility can help you move forward fast to become a key player in the development of these new materials.
No matter the market, no matter the material, no matter the application TA Instruments and Waters will be there creating tomorrow with the tools of today.
The Project Manager position is a highly visible role within Portfolio & Project Management Office (PPMO). This position will be responsible for leading strategically important, mission critical programs in a matrixed organization to deliver next generation products in the marketplace.
This position will lead cross functional teams that execute delivery of comprehensive solutions inclusive of an integrated system and consumables to customers. He or she will manage potential business partnerships and collaborations with the goal of providing our customers with industry leading products.
- Create project plans that drive successful, measurable project execution: Ensure technical feasibility, financial viability, risk assessment and schedule are well understood by stakeholders. Actively manage risks to identify changes and mitigation strategies.
- Act as the single point of contact for the project: Develop a project communication plan and ensure execution to the plan, resulting in professional and consistent communication with the stakeholders. Organize and facilitate project reviews that ensure key stakeholders are presented with accurate and concise information to make decisions.
- Influence others to ensure successful delivery: frequently collaborate with other departments such as manufacturing, R&D, operations, quality and sales and lead with influence to ensure the success of your project. Develop a sense of urgency in stakeholders while also building a solid foundation for future collaboration.
- Lead project analysis on resource, schedule & budget planning, and risk assessment: Monitor and report out to stakeholders on project costs, status, quality; escalate issues when necessary.
- Collaborate with resource managers to ensure appropriate staffing on projects: Influence and make decisions about scope, schedule, and resources for project.
- Drive process and tool improvement efforts: Drive continuous improvement through successful lessons learned activities on your project that result in appropriate process or tool changes. Lead initiatives to help the organization operate more efficiently and effective. Be passionate about continuous improvement.
- A Bachelors Degree in engineering or a science field is required.
- A recognized project management qualification (e.g., PMP) with a minimum of 3+ years project management experience in product development or an engineering background.
- Familiarity with stage-gate and / or Agile methodology for managing projects.
- Excellent communication, organizational, presentation and leadership skills.
Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT), the world's leading specialty measurement company, has pioneered chromatography, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis innovations serving the life, materials, and food sciences for more than 60 years. With more than 7,000 employees worldwide, Waters operates directly in 35 countries, including 15 manufacturing facilities, with products available in more than 100 countries. Our team focuses on creating business advantages for laboratory-dependent organizations to enable significant advancement in healthcare delivery, environmental management, food safety, and water quality.
Working at Waters enables our employees to unlock the potential of their careers. Our global team is driven by purpose. We strive to be better, learn and improve every day in everything we do. We're the problem solvers and innovators that aren't afraid to take risks to transform the world of human health and well-being. We're all in it together delivering benefit as one to provide the insights needed today in order to solve the challenges of tomorrow.
Diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our core values at Waters Corporation. It is our responsibility to actively implement programs and practices to drive inclusive behavior and increase diversity across the organization. We are united by diversity and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, our customers and our community. Waters is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or protected Veteran status.