Customer Service Representative
TA Instruments is seeking a Customer Service Representative for the Service Department responsible for shared services such as covering the Service Hotline, directing callers to the right department, entering Service orders, preparing Service quotes and Service Invoicing. Position may be dealing with Service Contract Invoicing on a regular basis.
- Shared responsibility for coverage of the Service Hotline. Assist and direct callers as needed to the correct area of Department. Calls can be for Contracts, Technical Support, Return Numbers, Repair Status, Quotes, etc.
- Enter Stock Transport Orders (STO) for inventory transfers to Service personnel. Verify part number validity and stock availability. Communicate urgencies to Shipping Department. Confirm order acknowledgement with Field Service Representatives (SRs).
- Prepare Service quotes when requested and follow-up as needed.
- Provide Return Authorization numbers (RA#) to customers and SRs for repairs and return of defective equipment/spares.
- Share the process of Purchase Order verification and processing of Service Reports for invoicing and Materials movement. Review and correct Repair reports for proper data entry, verify Customer information, terms and Tax Exemption status.
- Share the process of Service Contracts invoicing.
- Prepare Miscellaneous Shipping Orders (MSO) and International Commercial Invoices for shipment of Customer repairs and miscellaneous items to the field.
- Maintain SAP Instrument Database by processing Field and Internal reported changes.
- Perform Specialized Administrative duties within area of assignment, such as periodic Field/Revenue reports, quarterly installation backlog reports for SAB104 and Service inventory reconciliation.
- Perform Service inventory transactions as needed
- Knowledge normally acquired through completion of an Associate's degree from college or technical school; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- SAP experience, highly desireable (ERP specifically)
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Superior phone etiquette.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; extremely conscious about attention to detail.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Professionalism - Reacts well under pressure and high-volume workload situations. Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Quantity - Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Suite of Products, primarily Excel.
Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT), the world's leading specialty measurement company, has pioneered chromatography, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis innovations serving the life, materials, and food sciences for more than 60 years. With more than 7,000 employees worldwide, Waters operates directly in 35 countries, including 15 manufacturing facilities, with products available in more than 100 countries. Our team focuses on creating business advantages for laboratory-dependent organizations to enable significant advancement in healthcare delivery, environmental management, food safety, and water quality.
Working at Waters enables our employees to unlock the potential of their careers. Our global team is driven by purpose. We strive to be better, learn and improve every day in everything we do. We're the problem solvers and innovators that aren't afraid to take risks to transform the world of human health and well-being. We're all in it together delivering benefit as one to provide the insights needed today in order to solve the challenges of tomorrow.
Diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our core values at Waters Corporation. It is our responsibility to actively implement programs and practices to drive inclusive behavior and increase diversity across the organization. We are united by diversity and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, our customers and our community. Waters is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or protected Veteran status.