HR Business Partner
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
I. JOB SUMMARY
This position will provide multi-disciplinary HR functional support - in partnership with HR Site Head - across multiple teams. This role operates HR business processes including: guiding performance management processes, providing user support and completing HRIS transactions, delivering basic training programs for employees and managers, and conducting employee relations issue investigations.
This position would be a Limited-Term opportunity.
II. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Working closely with HR Site Head and other HR Professionals, guide managers and employees through HR business processes (i.e. Performance Management, Recruitment, etc.).
• Guide employees and managers through HRIS self-service transactions. Perform other non-self-service HRIS transactions to help ensure data is updated.
• Working closely with HR Site Head and other HR Professionals, coach employees and supervisors on employee relations issues, providing strategies and procedures relating to employee relations/performance issues.
• Perform job analyses in order to advise line managers regarding promotions and other job changes. Partner with HR Site Head and Compensation regarding pay matters.
• Working closely with HR Site Heads and other HR Professionals, investigating employee complaints/concerns; facilitate resolutions.
• Develop and generate HRIS reports including staffing, headcount, compensation,etc.
• Provides direction and recommendations on company policies and procedures, including the interpretation of requests to policy questions and exceptions.
• Provides training and/or the coordination of training programs as appropriate.
• Create and maintain personnel files, ensuring all HR/payroll records are filed on a timely basis.
• Partner with HR COE regarding benefit matters including LOA, STD, and LTD.
• Collect, audit and effectively maintain employee work authorization processes.
• Maintain and follow SOX processes with regard to employee transactions.
• Maintain workplace postings as required.
• Provides special project support to the HR Site Head as required.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature of work performed by those in this job and are not an exhaustive list of all duties. Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time which reflects management’s assignment of essential functions.
III. MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
• Minimum of 4 years of relevant human resources experience. Exposure to various human resources functional areas is required.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Demonstrated experience multi-tasking in a fast-paced work environment with changing priorities.
• Ability to analyze data and provide recommendations.
• Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints.
• Knowledge of federal and state employment laws.
• Experience in executing HRIS processes
Successful applicants for this position that are required to be onsite at any Emergent site at any time, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to legally required exemptions.
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.