Quality Assurance Lead DevSecOps Platform
The DevOps program at NCBI, responsible for delivering a DevSecOps platform and related services, is looking for an experienced technical lead, responsible for application security (AppSec) and quality assurance (QA).
Duties & Responsibilities
- Within the larger DevOps program, lead a team of quality assurance (QA) experts.
- Define and drive short and long term goals for the team. Ensure the QA group's work aligns with the organization's DevOps platform.
- Hold Product Owner role which includes documenting epics, stories and tasks for the team's agile development process.
- Lead efforts to automate testing and reporting across the NCBI enterprise.
- Set standards and define processes for improving software quality. Implement quality gates into the organization's deployment process.
- Ensure that developers and QA personnel use effective tools for testing and reporting.
- Continuously improve and maintain secure development standards in cooperation with the organization's security team.
- Support the incident response and architecture review processes whenever quality assurance expertise is needed.
- Document quality assurance practices and respond to information requests by senior management.
- Bachelor degree or higher in Computer Science preferred or extensive experience with modern quality assurance processes
- At least five years of professional experience
- Formal training in software development, cyber security, and/or quality assurance.
- Industry or government experience leading initiatives related to quality assurance.
- Demonstrated ability to influence decision‐making processes at all levels of a large organization will be critical to success.
- Candidates must have strong leadership skills and be effective managers of highly technical individuals.
- Candidates must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Candidates should have experience with agile development processes and have experience integrating secure development practices.
- Experience with Scrum and Kanban and the role of a Product Owner is required. NCBI is an agile organization.
- Experience driving organizational change and accountability for QA initiatives
- Experience working with leaders across multiple software development teams to standardize QA processes
- History prioritizing and manage multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Familiarity with modern software lifecycle processes, including CI/CD (continuous integration / continuous delivery)
Dovel Technologies and its Family of Companies (Medical Science & Computing and Ace Info Solutions) was acquired in October 2021.
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance, including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse, and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.