Senior Software Engineer with Java - Full Time Hybrid Remote
Medical Science & Computing (MSC), now a Guidehouse company seeks highly skilled Software Engineers with Java to support our work at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) in Bethesda, MD.
This work can be hybrid remote post-pandemic.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain new and existing web-based/data-driven web and standalone applications;
- Design, develop, install, configure, and maintain the client’s internet, intranet, grant management, bioinformatics and web-based applications;
- Collaborate with the team members on requirements analysis, design, configuration, change and risk management, documentation, planning, accessibility remediation and compliance, and security and quality assurance;
- Prepare documentation and provide end-user training and support as necessary;
- Establish productive working relationships and maintain effective communications with teammates and end-users.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Engineering;
- At least 3 years of experience with Java language
- Strong knowledge of Java language and related technologies/frameworks
- Knowledge of and experience with AWS or Azure
- Knowledge and expertise in the following program languages/technologies: XML, SQL, Oracle, MySQL, Maven, JUnit, Spring, Web Service, Bootstrap, WSDL, SOAP, XML, REST, JQuery
- Prior experience working at the NIH
Dovel Technologies and its Family of Companies (Medical Science & Computing and Ace Info Solutions) was acquired in October 2021.
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance, including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse, and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.