Scientific Lab Maintenance Technician
KCAS Bioanalytical & Biomarker Services is seeking an individuals interested in bioanalysis to work as a Laboratory Maintenance Technician within its GLP bioanalytical laboratory in Shawnee, Kansas.
KCAS is a contract research organization (CRO) providing bioanalytical & biomarker services to pharmaceutical clients in support of drug developments, preclinical and clinical studies.
The Laboratory Maintenance Technician performs maintenance, testing, troubleshooting, calibration and repair on support systems, laboratory equipment, and temperature/humidity charts and recorders. Works on assignments that are moderately complex in nature in which judgment is required in resolving problems and making routine recommendations.
In this role, we will rely on you to:
- Compiling and routing documentation related to calibration / preventative maintenance of lab equipment
- Break-fix coordination with internal and external entities
- Issue resolution following the successful completion of activities
- Internal and external coordination of calibration, maintenance, and PM activities
- Managing Regulated Asset Management system, data entry
- Training new laboratory personnel on basic pipetting techniques and small lab equipment
- Requests purchase of components and equipment.
- Maintains all logs and required documentation
- Contacts outside vendors for repair or calibration of refrigeration, test, and laboratory equipment, as assigned.
- Supports activities of the Operations Department, as assigned
(This is a representative summary of responsibilities and is not meant to be exhaustive)
WHO YOU ARE:
You will thrive at KCAS if you enjoy a fast-paced environment, are open-minded and flexible, can prioritize effectively to solve problems and meet deadlines, embrace high-level performance and constant development, and are self-directed while being drawn to the camaraderie of a team atmosphere.
In addition, to qualify specifically for this role, you will have:
Education and Experience:
- Associates degree or Bachelor’s degree (scientific field preferred)
- At least one year of experience in a hospital, GMP and/or GLP facility (GLP preferred)
- 4 years of experience calibrating laboratory equipment for Senior Laboratory Maintenance Technician.
- Hands-on experience with lab equipment, such as, balances and pipettes.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of reviewing technical documents, such as, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Willing to provide on-call support.
- Good organizational skills.
- Good understanding of Word and Excel.
- Good mechanical skills.
- Good communication skills (oral and written).
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide, and perform algebraic equations.
- Perform all aspects of job in a way that supports company brand and company mission, vision and values.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to convey complex information clearly and concisely.
- Ability to ascend and descend stairs.
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
In addition to a competitive compensation, full suite of medical benefits and time off, you will have the opportunity to be part of employee appreciation events and local community outreach. You’ll thrive in a fast-paced environment centered on career progression and development, where we collaborate on impactful contributions and reward for outstanding performance.
WHO WE ARE:
KCAS is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above position description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position.
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow additional instructions and to perform other duties as directed by a supervisor. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an "at-will" basis.
This employer recruits qualified candidates without regard to citizenship status. We have internal processes in place to enable hiring of the right candidates through appropriate U.S. immigration framework.