QC Scientist - Automation
Regeneron is currently looking for a Quality Control (QC) Scientist for our Analytical Sciences Automation team with a Monday-Friday, 8am-4:30pm. The QC Scientist will Perform assay automation development to automate assays on an Integrated Laboratory Automation System (ILAS). Perform characterization and/or optimization of fully automated assays. Design and execute comparability studies between manual assay and fully automated assay. Support automated assay transfer (if applicable) and investigation for QC Bioassay/Biochemistry groups. Provide technical support, guidance and supervision for release, stability, and in-process testing and assay development on ILAS. Support ILAS equipment qualification and software validation work.
As a QC Scientist , a typical day might include the following:
- Cell characterization to support cell bank creation and assay investigation
- Perform 96-well plate based bioassays/binding assays etc.
- Performs assay development/comparability studies/troubleshooting on ILAS for QC Bioassay/Biochemistry group.
- Work with programmers to facilitate automation protocol/code writing for assays to be automated on the ILAS.
- Be willing to learn and write automation protocol/code for automated assays.
- Reviews/modify/create test procedures and assays for automated assays.
- May evaluates and bring in new methodologies/techniques when needed.
- Facilitate automated assay transfer from R&D and to business partners.
- Organize automated analytical assay transfer internally and externally.
- Set product specifications (if applicable).
- Participates in technical troubleshooting and problem investigation.
- Review analytical development report and any other technical documents for technical correctness and regulatory compliance for automated assays.
- Participates in training programs for analysts.
This role might be for you if:
- You are a quick learner and enjoy multi-tasking in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Are self-initiative and have a can-do altitude when facing technical/business challenge.
- Have experience with programming for liquid handlers (e.g. Hamilton, Tecan etc.) or any automated instrument is a plus.
- Have GMP or GLP working experience.
To be considered for QC Scientist you must be willing and able to work Monday-Friday, 8am-4:30pm. For various levels you must have the following:
QC Scientist: PhD in Cellular Biology, Molecular Biology, Biomedical Engineering, Biochemistry, Chemistry, or related field
Sr QC Scientist: PhD in Cellular Biology, Molecular Biology, Biomedical Engineering, Biochemistry, Chemistry, or related field and 2+ years of related experience
GMP experience is preferred. Experience in biotechnology/ biopharma is preferred.
Level is determined based on qualifications relevant to the role.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.