Specialist IS Business Systems Analyst
LiveWhat you will do
Let us do this. Let us change the world. In this vital role you will join our ARI (Amgen Rhode Island) DTI (Digital Technology & Innovation) (Digital Technology & Innovation) team to help drive productivity through the company by creating opportunities to stop, optimize processes and then implement and automate as appropriateResponsibilities:
- Serve as a lead with business and DTI partners for process and computer systems analysis, requirements elicitation, articulating system solutions and approaches for addressing business needs, developing, testing, and communicating business cases for proposed solutions, and serving as the lead throughout and post implementation
- Develop an expert-level understanding of the computer systems platforms, processes, and procedures with a strong emphasis on 'As Is' process and systems mapping, 'To Be' visioning, and identifying and articulating business and DTI functional gaps
- Lead computerized system compliance initiatives and be the change and release agent for all computerized system compliance activities on the automation, business and analytical platforms ensuring that platforms carry out to Amgen corporate, GxP and SOX compliance requirements
- Engage with key vendors and platform owners to understand functionality and how those platforms can be used to tackle compliance or business problems
- Structure and standardize processes that can be used across the various platforms for scalability, efficiency, and growth
- Develops and maintains policies, standards, user guides and guidelines across the platforms
- Ensuring alignment to Amgen and regulatory standards and procedures for computerized systems
- Provide guidance and set standards in producing quality documentation, serving as liaison between DTI and Quality functions
- Data integrity, compliance, and inspection readiness lead for site computer systems platforms
- You are leading from the front engaging with business functions across the company to identify bottlenecks in their business process
- You also will work and collaborate with the DTI system owners and business owners to determine the best solutions for the system to ensure they remain compliant.
- You will be a participant in all phases of the Computerized Systems Lifecycle including, business client expectation and requirement documentation, process and systems analysis, and articulating system solutions and approaches for addressing business needs pertaining to cross-systems integration requirements and design.
- You will also drive strategic multi-functional meetings to facilitate the optimization of systems through implementation of solutions that enable automation to improve or remain in compliant way
- Highlight value of data integrity throughout the business, leading and maintaining compliance for computer systems platforms
The ARI DTI team is part of the Digital Technology and Innovation organization at Amgen that is focused on helping improve staff experience, unlock productivity and improving quality leveraging technology to identify inefficient processes, foster simplification of processes and help automate these revised processes to unlock value. This is a highly visible team with a remit to help shape the future pipeline of Amgen products by unlocking value.
Our customers include Amgen staff and various organizations within functions such as Amgens internal and external digital and quality community across the globe. Our teams are groups of high-energy, motivated doers that want to improve the lives of our partners through continuous productivity improvement via the use of automation, business, and analytical software technologies.Win
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The professional we seek is a person with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications
Masters degree and 3 years of Information Systems or Engineering experienceOr
Bachelors degree and 5 years of Information Systems or Engineering experienceOr
Associate degree and 10 years of Information Systems or Engineering experienceOr
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Information Systems experiencePreferred Qualifications
- Strong customer service focus with the demonstrable ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with team members, partners, and management.
- Demonstrate strong collaboration across all levels of the organization. Aggressive and confident in raising action points with senior individuals with excellent spoken and written communication.
- Experience performing and documenting business processes redesign and aligning business requirements to technical solutions
- Strong verbal and presentation communication skills and ability to engage with varying levels of audience both technical and non-technical
- Experience writing and publishing internal documents, user documentation, and SOPs. Ability to quickly assimilate knowledge of new platforms, languages, tools, and technologies
- Strong validation lifecycle Management and Data Integrity experience applying to computer systems (I.e., Business, Automation and Analytical Systems)
- Continuous improvement approach (i.e., LEAN, Kaizen, Six Sigma etc.)
- Experience with SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) and traditional Agile methodology coupled with strong GxP experience and knowledge on regulations FDA (Food & Drug Administration) Title 21 CFR (Code of Federal Regulations) Part 210 and 211.
- Possess general knowledge of enterprise systems (e.g., Workday, Salesforce, Service Now, SAP)
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.