Eikon Therapeutics is a new biopharmaceutical company employing revolutionary technology at the interface of chemistry, engineering, computation, and biology to discover novel treatments for life-threatening diseases. Eikon’s discovery platform is built on groundbreaking innovations from its founders (Nobel Prize, 2014), culminating in the creation of microscopes which enable real-time, molecular-resolution measurements of protein movement in living cells, thereby unlocking otherwise intractable classes of proteins as drug targets.
You are an adventurous, passionate, and creative senior software engineer eager to apply your talents to empower interdisciplinary scientific exploration, inaugurate a radical drug-discovery paradigm, and ultimately create novel medicines. You will bring to this challenge enthusiasm, high energy, intellectual curiosity, and scientific rigor. You are excited about being a foundational member of a small but growing team.
As part of Eikon’s diverse team, you will interface with biologists, medicinal chemists, microscopists, and optical and automation engineers to design and deploy computational solutions that enable the exploration and quantification of Eikon’s high-content datasets.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and productionize image processing algorithms for segmentation, object recognition, and image understanding in support of high-throughput compound screening
- Work collaboratively with scientists and engineers to understand tactical needs, developing proof-of-concept, prototype and production software as needed to keep experiments moving forward.
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously, developing milestones and deadlines in coordination with the broader company goals.
- BS plus 5 years of experience or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Physics, Computational Biology, or related field
- Strong knowledge of fundamentals in image-based feature extraction and related problems such as segmentation, object detection, and image understanding
- Experience using deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, etc
- Ability to efficiently investigate and solve problems, from prototype development (Python) to production designs
- Python programming expertise required and additional experience with a strongly typed language preferred.
- Biology knowledge at the college level is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team-oriented, flexible, able to adapt to rapidly evolving goals and challenges
- Enthusiasm for gaining biological and drug discovery experience is essential
Eikon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment.
In accordance with the Company’s duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace, the Company requires all employees to be Fully Vaccinated with one of the FDA approved COVID-19 vaccines, which includes those vaccines that have received the FDA’s emergency use authorization. You will be expected to be Fully Vaccinated as of your Start Date. If you believe that you are exempt from this requirement under an applicable law or regulations, including Americans with Disabilities Act and California’s Fair Employment and Housing Act, you will need to contact the Company’s Human Resources group. For purposes of this section, Fully Vaccinated means (i) the completion of the vaccination regimen as approved by the FDA (by way of example, 2 doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine and 1 dose of the Johnson and Johnson vaccine), and (ii) timely receiving booster vaccination, as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.