Continuous Improvement Associate, MSAT
At Pfizer, our mission is to inspire a best-in-class culture of continuous improvement and project management that empowers colleagues and enables simple, effective processes. Whether you are managing projects or liaising with others, your contribution in this team will help in making our work easier and faster so that we can deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives.What You Will Achieve
Your organizational skills will help us integrate our continuous improvement programs across the organization, both vertically and horizontally. Thanks to your knowledge and skills, it will be ensured that the improvement programs yield results, and strengthen the overall business strategies. You will work as a coach and a facilitator for improvement projects as well as maintain performance metrics to measure program success.
As a member of the Andover Manufacturing Science and Technology team, you will support deploying and sustaining our Pfizer Production System, known as IMEx (Integrated Manufacturing Excellence), in the MSAT organization, ensuring a culture of Continuous Improvement through your role as the continuous improvement specialist.
The Continuous Improvement Associate will provide expertise, coaching and may provide analysis in Six Sigma/problem-solving, Lean, and Pfizer Human Factors Program (PHP), across the organization. In this role, the Associate may charter and lead Green Belt, as well as Lean projects. They may also coach projects, including Yellow Belts (M1s).
The Associate will also work with functional departments, product teams and/or Process Centric Teams (PCTs) for the purposes of matching solutions and deployment methodologies to the business situation and develop the necessary performance measures to gauge success. They will support programs and/or project portfolios to add value for the organization and progress us towards our long-term vision (including project management, performance tracking and problem solving).
It is your dedication and hard work that will make Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globeHow You Will Achieve It
- Project management/leadership and delivery of IMEx deployment and of formal Six Sigma (Yellow, Green Belt) and Lean projects of different levels of complexity. This includes development of charters, milestones and deliverables. Work closely with OpEx leadership and project coaches on project design and implementation, performance review and targets/criteria for project closure and sustainability.
- Working closely with Operational Excellence leadership, provide support on strategic planning and identification of correct OpEx tools to improve performance to groups, as needed.
- Support Six Sigma (including Yellow Belt/M1) and Lean programs, as needed.
- Support the design, development and delivery of specific IMEx and Lean workshops and projects.
- Support Pfizer Human Factors Program (PHP) program.
- Liaise with leadership and with colleagues at all levels in the organization.
- Manage own time to meet agreed targets, develops plans for activities on own projects.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 1-3 years of experience.
- IMEx deployment experience, Visual Management, CI, Standard Work or TPM.
- Capability in Lean tools and/or desire to grow Lean capabilities to further drive CI.
- Self-motivated individual with a demonstrated record of developing strong work relationships in cross-functional teams with experience in a project lead/project management role.
- Strategic influencer and change agent who is dedicated to driving positive change through their work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to share vision, direction, and data with colleagues across all levels and in a wide range of different work groups including senior management.
- Demonstrated business acumen with ability to align work teams towards a common goal.
- Functional knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint and Office applications, particularly Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate using on-line tools in a remote working environment.
- Master's degree
- Relevant pharmaceutical experience
- Training and solid application of Six Sigma (Green or Black Belt-certified or on path to certification) tools to address key problems
- Pfizer Human Factors Program (PHP) practitioner experience
- Facilitation capabilities
Flexible role with on site support of laboratories required.
Relocation support available
Work Location Assignment:Flexible
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Continuous Imprv and Proj Mgmt