Continuous Improvement Specialist III
At Pfizer, our mission is to inspire a best-in-class culture of continuous improvement and project management that empowers colleagues and enables simple, effective processes. Whether you are managing projects or liaising with others, your contribution in this team will help in making our work easier and faster so that we can deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives.What You Will Achieve
The position is a member of one or more “Work Area” Process Centric Team(s) (PCT), responsible for driving effective execution and sustaining of the Integrated Manufacturing Excellence (IMEx) continuous improvement (CI) processes in the Quality Control Analytical labs. Primary responsibilities include identification, prioritization, management and execution of CI opportunities to improve the overall operational effectiveness of the PCT, reduce sources of loss, and meet improvement targets. Analyze data to drive root cause analyses and to prioritize improvements. Support the creation of PCT goals in alignment with the sites CI Goals and Compelling Business Needs (CBNs). The CI Specialist will provide coaching and leadership to project ranging from basic issues to problems that are moderately-complex and cross-functional in nature. This role is a key enabler to the successful deployment and sustainability of IMEx within the work center(s).How You Will Achieve It
- Responsible for driving effective execution and sustaining support of the IMEx continuous improvement (CI) process at the PCT (Tier 1) & department level (Tier 2). Including the process of identification, management and execution of CI projects.
- Lead moderately-complex and cross-functional operational excellence initiatives.
- Coach and develop operational excellence skills of PCT members and drive a culture of continuous improvement within their team.
- Input and analyze data from IMEx elements and other work units to identify areas for improvement and largest sources of loss, including collaboration with CI Specialists across ecosystems. Collaborate with other PCT members and Element Owners on identifying continuous improvement opportunities. Utilize data to influence project prioritization.
- Coach PCT on the CI Loop visual management principles and the Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA) process.
- Facilitate CI Loop meetings and project prioritization and escalation. Attend daily Tier 1 meetings, and facilitate real-time structured problem solving. Participate in monthly Tier 2 CI meeting.
- Receive and provide Structured GEMBA on the CI Loop Element.
- Work with PCT Lead, IMEx Deployment Lead, Tier 1 & 2 Element Owners, Operational Excellence and Area Leadership to build, maintain and improve IMEx within the work area.
- Bachelor’s degree in science, engineering or related field. And 4+ years of relevant industry experience
- The candidate must be experienced in using root cause analysis methods.
- The successful candidate will be a change agent who is dedicated to driving cultural and technical changes through their work.
- The candidate must be self-motivated and able to develop work relationships in matrix environment.
- The candidate must have ability to balance multiple priorities.
- Able to coach others on using structured problem-solving techniques.
- Capability in LEAN tools and/or desire to grow LEAN capabilities to further drive CI on site
- The candidate has demonstrated skills in quantitative analysis, team facilitation, and effective communications with different levels of the organization through project execution.
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
- Lean Tool experience or Lean Yellow/Green Belt
- Experienced with statistical software applications
- Project management experience
- Job will include standing, walking and sitting.
- Laboratory person protective equipment
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
N/ARelocation support available
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Continuous Imprv and Proj Mgmt#LI-PFE