We are currently searching for a Software Engineer to provide support to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is a full-time position with MSC, and it is on-site in Rockville, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Software development, design and architecture.
- Write clean, maintainable and testable code, with consideration of appropriate style and industry standards, along with documentation.
- Deliver assigned tasks in a timely and efficient manner and take ownership of the product delivery.
- Oversee system administration, including deployments and configuration management.
- Work closely with scientific subject matter experts, front-end developers, and stakeholders to ensure a visually appealing, functional, and intuitive software.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrate ability to write software using open-source repositories on GitHub/GitLab.
- Ability to use *nix command line.
- Experience with HPC, including HPC queueing and software management systems, and managing CPU and memory usage to handle big data.
- Minimum 1 year experience in building applications on Amazon Web Service (AWS).
- Experience with version control and collaborative development practices (such as pull requests and code review) using Git and GitHub.
- Experience working with REST and GraphQL APIs, integrating with external web services or third-party tools.
- Experience with using infrastructure-as-code tools (Terraform) to provision cloud resources.
- Ability to communicate and work with a multi-disciplinary team of developers, analysts, and scientific subject matter experts.
- Familiarity with relational and non-relational database concepts.
- Experience with CI/CD processes.
- Understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle and exposure to Agile or iterative software design practices.
Dovel Technologies and its Family of Companies (Medical Science & Computing and Ace Info Solutions) was acquired in October 2021.
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance, including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse, and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.