Building Control Systems Engineer
We are currently searching for a Building Control Systems Engineer to operate and maintain the Building Automation (BAS) and Other Building Control Systems of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), Office of Research Facilities, Division of Facilities Operations and Maintenance. The primary objective is to provide services and deliverable in support of system preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and issue documentation and resolution; system server, workstation, configuration administration and security activities; coordination and task and project management with IT security, networking, and hosting service providers; customer support to end-users. This opportunity is full-time, and it is on site in Bethesda, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Independently maintain, troubleshoot, and repair building automation and other system controls, equipment, and related IT systems
- Perform computer workstation and server administration and maintenance
- Manage building automation and other system controls projects and deliver them on time
- Prepare technical reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing system and building information, trends, alarm logs, audit logs, etc.
- Write technical documentation describing system architecture, configuration, use, etc.
- Interpret and understand the needs of facilities operations and building automation system operators
- Provide consultation to facility staff in the application of building automation and other system controls principles and techniques
- Review and coordinate building automation and other system controls activities and projects
- Provide instruction on building automation and other system controls solutions and implementations
- Conduct feasibility studies and analyses of program needs
- Provide training and assistance in areas of building automation and other system controls to promote conceptual understanding, technical understanding, standards, and requirements
- Formulate plans and specifications for building automation and other system controls projects
- Design building automation and other system controls solutions to meet required specifications: architecture, equipment selection, software configuration
- Evaluate project objectives, feasibility, scope, design, and technical proposals
- Test and troubleshoot equipment and system hardware and software and repair/improve
- Perform inspection of existing and newly installed building automation and other system controls, equipment, and related IT systems
- Review, evaluate, and troubleshoot and modify building automation and other system controls programming and configuration
- Maintain accurate database inventories of equipment; maintain equipment according to manufacturer's instructions, established procedures and required service
- Perform and evaluate daily and periodic PM, repair, quality control, and other procedures
- Perform routine maintenance on building automation and other system controls, equipment, and related IT systems
- Provide guidance and assistance to other project staff
- Identify and resolve project problems and issues
- Initiate and track service requests to external groups for execution, and from
- customers and external groups for self/internal execution
- Perform project management tasks for building automation and other system controls, equipment, and related IT systems projects
- Bachelor of Science degree the following fields of study or similar technical disclipine:
- Electrical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering Technology
- Engineering and Industrial Management
- Engineering Mechanics Physics and Science
- Engineering Technologies
- Mechanical Engineering
- Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering
- Industrial Production Technologies
- Miscellaneous Engineering Technologies
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Architectural Engineering
- Nuclear Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Between 3-4 years of experience
- Building Automation and Other Controls Systems Operations and Maintenance
- Electronic/Mechanical building controls troubleshooting
- Reporting data, analysis, findings, and summaries
- Scheduling and coordinating internal and external projects and processes
- Communication and teamwork
- General familiarity with computer programming and IT system configuration, network architecture and components, and hosting environments
- Excel and/or Database
- General office and communication software
Dovel Technologies and its Family of Companies (Medical Science & Computing and Ace Info Solutions) was acquired in October 2021.
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance, including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse, and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.