Mfg Process Technician
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Mfg. Process TechnicianLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will be responsible for operating manufacturing equipment necessary for the inspection and packaging operations of our products. Completes a variety of detailed tasks and assignments including such as: performing routine tests to ensure Amgen specifications are met, documenting testing results for final evaluation among other tasks. You will also be trained and cross-trained to both operate and perform basic troubleshooting. Will perform various non routine tasks within the inspection or packaging line assigned. In addition to equipment operation, you will perform straight forward troubleshooting and will be responsible for the product quality as a result of the performance of the equipment. This position requires the willingness to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.Specific Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Apply experience and judgment to make decisions or resolve issues within standard operating procedures.
- Anticipates problems and recognizes when deviation to procedures occur.
- Perform equipment setup, operation, troubleshoot to meet all standards for safety, quality and efficiency. These tasks must be completed under minimal supervision.
- Performs basic troubleshooting to identify potential solutions for mechanical errors, safety issues or general operating inefficiencies within the production processes.
- Support Manual Inspection and Manual Packaging Activities
- Work with utilize computer systems and electronic batch records.
- Safely follow standard operating procedures including but not limited to material handling, record keeping, inspection and packaging. Must follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
- Maintain a suitable work environment for our manufacturing process.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The Mfg. Process Technician professional we seek is an individual contributor with these qualifications.The Basic Qualifications are:
Associate degree and 2 years of manufacturing experienceOr
High school diploma and 4 years of manufacturing experienceBeyond that, the preferred qualifications are:
- Educational background that includes a Technical Degree
- Manufacturing experience in a GMP or another regulated environment
- Experience supporting Manual Inspection and/or Manual Packaging Activities
- Ability to utilize computer systems and electronic batch records.
- Excellent attention to detail, good organization, and capable of working independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in small groups and cross functional teams to troubleshoot issues, identify and implement collective corrective actions.
- Ideal candidate will have keen eye for quality, is diligent, and will work collaborative within a team, and possess a positive attitude.
- Available to support Operation in Non-Standard shift that includes weekends and /or holidays as determined by business.
- Ability to read, write and follow written and verbal instructions both in Spanish and English languages.
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.