We are currently searching for an Exercise Physiologist to perform various exercise testing protocols on research participants ranging in age from 18-100+ years. This is a full-time, on-site opportunity in Baltimore, MD.Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist the lab staff in the creation and preparation of a variety of documents required by the lab’s scientific activities.
- Train staff on the proper usage of equipment.
- Search existing literature for new and/or relevant techniques.
- Train staff in a wide variety of techniques used in the laboratory.
- Calibrate, maintain, and troubleshoot instruments and equipment in the laboratory.
- Evaluate new techniques, instruments, and software for potential incorporation into current SOP.
- Design and conduct experiments and studies requiring the application of a broad professional knowledge of scientific theories and principles.
- Assist research staff and Principal Investigators on performing exercise related testing on research participants in various research studies as per protocol.
- Provide laboratory support during biopsy procedures.
- Train staff on the proper usage of laboratory instruments and equipment.
- Operate, troubleshoot, and train others to use laboratory equipment and software.
- Research and provide advice on new equipment needed.
- Maintain scientific equipment and resources e.g., reagents, laboratory supplies including acquisition and storage.
- Maintain exercise equipment and perform calibrations Ensure adequate level of supplies.
- Evaluate and interpret data in real time and report problems to research staff.
- Work with research staff when needed to revise/create study exercise protocols.
- Review, edit, and, as needed, write first drafts of papers, posters and manuscripts.
- Provide data to researchers as needed.
- Master’s degree in Miscellaneous Health Medical Professions
- At least 3 years of experience
- Exercise Stress Testing
- Exercise Testing-Other
- Physical Assessment
- Equipment Maintenance
- Basic Life Support/Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- MS Office, specifically Word, Excel, & Outlook
Dovel Technologies and its Family of Companies (Medical Science & Computing and Ace Info Solutions) was acquired in October 2021.
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance, including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse, and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.