Specialist Manufacturing - Support
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Specialist Manufacturing - SupportLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will help deliver opportunities for reliability, efficiency, agility and differentiation for the Amgen Rhode Island (AR5 and AR30) Manufacturing plant.
This individual contributor position reports into the Senior Manager of Manufacturing Support team and interacts broadly across the site to implement key business deliverables, quality initiatives, and continuous improvement projects within Buildings AR5 and AR30. This role will focus on supporting the site major investigations and plant process owner (PPO). Demonstrate flexibility to support all four shifts covering 24/7 operations is a requirement.Key Responsibilities include:
- Be able to perform major investigations record at the site Managing meeting, sending minutes, RCA, identification of CAPA, and development of a deviation report
- Supporting Training improvements across both manufacturing plants
- Supporting front line managers through on the floor presence (~60% of time on the floor)
- Providing subject matter expertise for area of responsibility
- Trouble shooting and problem-solving support to manufacturing
- Owning minor deviations within manufacturing (Supplier and non-supplier related)
- Providing training to staff on the floor
- Identifying and autonomously implementing continuous improvement opportunities
- Owning and implementing corrective/preventative actions
- Ensuring right first-time implementation of changes through on the floor user testing and collection of staff feedback
- Supporting complex investigations
- Own change controls
- Owning and authoring SOPs, Training Assignment Vehicle (AV), Training material
- Providing data to support management evaluation of performance trends
Bachelors degree and 4 years of Manufacturing or Operations experienceOR
Associates degree and 8 years of Manufacturing or Operations experienceOR
High school diploma / GED and 10 years of Manufacturing or Operations experiencePreferred Qualifications:
- Hands on experience facilitating problem solving in a biotechnology environment
- Familiarity with the deviation training development and facilitation
- Experience owning and editing standard operating procedures
- Familiarity with the deviation management systems and corrective/preventative actions
- Project management skills with ability to multi-task and function in a dynamic environment
- Excellent communication skills and sense of urgency
- Demonstrated ability to forge and maintain strong relationships
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.