Sr Manager Supply Chain
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of.
Sr Manager Supply ChainLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this pivotal role, you will be responsible for Global Process Ownership of the Quality Management System processes for Warehousing & DistributionResponsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Global Process Owner (GPO) for QMS areas (includes all responsibilities of GPO such as owner of Operating Standards, process flows, metric control plans, trending, etc.)
- Makes assessments of new/changing network requirements to ensure global policies, processes, and process governance meet network expectations
- Assesses new/changing regulatory, compliance and network requirements to ensure global processes meet their expectations.
- Handles suppliers for distribution materials
- Business ownership of systems that support QMS areas (Lane Management, Distribution Complaints, etc.)
- Identifies key partners and ensures they are involved in, and committed to, network strategic direction
- Establishes and monitors quantitative and qualitative metrics to anticipate problems or breakdowns in supply chain processes
- Develops and leads change management and operational excellence initiatives to improve the process performance
- Design, develop and verify policy compliance through audits and management reviews
- Collaborate across teams to share information and improve the cross-functional processes
- Drive system enhancements and process changes that are global in scope for Compliance areas
- Defines, measures, and reports key global Compliance performance indicators for assigned projects/initiatives, enabling teams and functions to measure and improve quality, efficiency, and effectiveness
- Enthusiastically looks for opportunities for improvement; shares standard methodologies and applies to team/network where relevant; champions continuous improvement, evaluates alternatives, and pilot improvements where appropriate
- Provides input for training and works with higher management to agree on alignment in processes
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The supply chain professional we seek is a proactive person with these qualifications.
- Doctorate degree and 2 years of experience OR
- Masters degree and 6 years of experience OR
- Bachelors degree and 8 years of experience OR
- Associates degree and 10 years of experience OR
- High school diploma / GED and 12 years of experience AND
- 2 years of managerial experience directly managing people and/or leadership experience leading teams, projects, programs, or directing the allocation of resources
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Supply Chain or Business Administration
- 5-8 years experience in preferably the pharmaceutical industry or related industry experience
- 3 years in the compliance area
- Good GMP knowledge
- Good GDP knowledge
- Cross-functional process understanding, insight, and visualization
- Six Sigma Green/Black Belt Certified
- Knowledge of Operational Excellence and Risk Management tools
- Process understanding, analyses, and ability to visualize them
- Understanding logistics processes of parcel, transport, and warehousing providers, and controlled temperature logistics(cold chain)
- Ability to liaise/communicate effectively at different management levels
- Oversee processes beyond own department
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to work in teams
- Demonstrating the company values and conveying them to our partners
- Diligent with strong business analytical skills and company-wide knowledge
- Process oriented mentality with willingness to call out gaps and seek solutions
- Perseverance and independent problem-solving skills
- Advanced capabilities with data analytics with tools such as Excel, Tableau, Spotfire, etc.
- Knowledge of technologies and platforms to support digitalization/automation
- Applies analytical skills to evaluate and interpret complex situations/problems using multiple sources of information.
- Ability to inspire change and ensure change management
- Basic project management skills including developing a project plan, understanding budget needs, reporting out progress, and escalation of issues
- Ability to develop innovative and creative output based in interpretation and analysis
- Ability to independently develop solutions that are thorough, practical and consistent with functional objectives
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, and high personal integrity
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.