Senior Scientist, Vaccines Analytical Development
This is a laboratory-based analytical Senior Scientist position in our Vaccines Research and Development – Analytical Development group. You will focus on developing robust analytical assays, and will design and execute method qualification and assay transfers in support of early vaccine development for a range of moieties with a focus on glycoconjugates, mRNAs, and proteins. Assays include use of standard analytical separations techniques (e.g., HPLC, SEC, CE, IEX, etc.) and spectroscopic techniques (e.g., DLS, UV-VIS, fluorescence, etc.).
In addition, you will provide analytical support for bioprocess and formulation development of vaccines by performing routine and non-routine sample testing.
- Identify key quality attributes for new vaccine candidates such as glycoconjugates, proteins, or mRNAs, and contribute to the selection of analytical methodology and techniques to be used.
- Provide lab-based assay development support. Using knowledge of ICH guidelines for method qualification the individual would be expected to design, plan, and execute assay development, qualification and transfer studies with a high degree of independence.
- Establish and utilize new technologies, where required, to enhance our characterization toolbox and understanding about the drug products being developed.
- The individual will perform routine and non-routine sample analysis support for vaccine development.
- Plan and prioritize own assay development and analysis activities to ensure timelines are met.
- Author and review laboratory methods and reports.
- The individual is expected to contribute and participate in general laboratory maintenance activities (such as maintenance of equipment, managing laboratory waste.
- PhD in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or a related discipline with a minimum of 2 years of academic, pharmaceutical, or biotechnology experience OR an MS plus a minimum of 7 years of related work experience is required.
- A strong background in separation-based analytical techniques and method qualification following ICH guidelines is essential. Experience with applying these methodologies to mRNAs, proteins, or glycoconjugates is strongly preferred.
- Proficiency and ability to utilize analytical techniques such as HPLC separation methods, CE, DLS and UV-Vis to develop methods to characterize potential vaccine candidates. Experience with large biomolecules (e.g. mRNA and protein) is a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication as well as excellent documentation skills are required.
- Standard laboratory conditions – sitting, standing, primarily lab based
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations and ability to perform complex data analysis
OTHER JOB DETAILS
Eligible for Relocation Package
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Research and Development