Sr. Associate, Process Development
Emergent BioSolutions is committed to assisting employees achieve their professional goals. Internal job postings are one of the tools available to employees at Emergent BioSolutions to assist in their career management. This enables current employees who have remained in their current position for a minimum of one year to apply for an open position.
The position will report to the Sr. Scientist of the Process Development and Production (PDP) department in San Diego. Assist in the development and troubleshooting of scalable downstream processes for vaccine/proteins. Work with downstream members to maintain the team in a professional working environment.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Design and execute experimental plans, maintain accurate notes, prepare data analysis and results summaries
• Perform experiments with limited supervision.
• Prepare SOP, batch record, developments reports, tech transfer documents and participate presentations
• Prepare and present project updates to ensure timely delivery.
• Uses professional concepts to complete routine assignments.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature of work performed by those in this job and are not an exhaustive list of all duties. Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time which reflects management’s assignment of essential functions.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
• B.S. degree in biology or related area with 2-3 years of experience working in process development or protein science required.
• Advanced degree is preferred
• Chromatography Purification experience is required
• Diafiltration/Ultrafiltration experience is required
• Scale down/scale up knowledge is required
• Good communication skills (verbal and written)
• Good aseptic techniques
• Ability to effectively collaborate with team members
• Strong trouble shooting and data analysis skills is preferred
• Design of Experiment (DoE) is a plus
• Filtration experience is a plus
• Protein chemistry knowledge is a plus
• Upstream process knowledge is a plus
• GMP experiences is a plus
Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Individuals with qualifying medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that may prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.