HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.Calibration / Metrology Engineer
What you will do Lets do this. Lets change the world.
This position is for a Calibration / Metrology Engineer. The candidate will conduct calibration of Amgen working standards and lead all aspects of the metrology program for the Amgen New Albany site. The candidate must possess the ability to ensure the successful calibrations on various types of measurement systems and ability to work with minimal supervision. As the lead of the program the Engineer must lead a team of instrumentation technicians, on-board new calibration suppliers and maintain instrument inventory at the site. Successful candidates will have a demonstrated track record in using Standards or Primary Instrument Standards applied in pharmaceutical industry. Additionally, they will possess the ability to interact with various departments/teams across Amgen network to align/communicate Amgens global calibration control program. Specific experience in any of the following fields in areas such as Gas/Liquid Flow, Temperature, Electrical, Pressure, Optics, Mass /Weight, Torque and Light Measurements.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare calibration procedures/job plans and associated training materials.
- Applies engineering experience to ensure that instrumentation and controls systems used in assigned facilities are accurately specified, installed, programmed, and calibrated to perform design function.
- Performs periodic assessment of field device calibration frequencies, and addressing out of tolerance (OOT), accessing instrument performance for replacement / upgrade.
- Upkeep calibration procedures including training and qualifying calibration technicians.
- Own the metrology program.
- Provide leadership for 24/7 field support to solve, identify, and resolve metrology issues.
- Own the equipments and/or systems related to metrology standards.
- Provide mentor and technical expertise to the technicians to support the infrastructure operations.
- Understanding of GMP regulations and Good Document Practices
- Performs calibration of Amgen primary and working standards following prescribed Amgen procedures.
- Understands basic measurement uncertainty principals.
- Records calibration data gathered during calibration within CMMS (Computerized
- Maintenance Management System) and MOX (Calibration software)
- Identifies appropriate standards and uses applicable measurement procedures.
- Generates certificates of calibration and/or out of tolerance reports as required.
- Maintains secondary or intrinsic and/or working calibration standards.
- Assists in maintaining laboratory in state of compliance to ensure audit reediness
- Must understand measurement assurance program concepts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Understanding of measurement traceability
- Working with Calibration Software
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned by Group Leader, Supervisor, or Senior Supervisor
What We Expect From You
We are all different, yet we all use our outstanding contributions to serve patients. The dynamic professional we seek is an individual with these qualifications.
- Masters degree OR
- Bachelors degree and 2 years of experience OR
- Associate degree and 6 years of experience OR
- High school diploma / GED and 8 years of experience
- 8 plus years experience in metrology engineering at a large company primary standards laboratory level or
- comparable related technical activities, including application of measurement engineering
- principles and technology related to highly technical assignments.
- Bachelor of Science degree or Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical
- Engineering or Physics with 7 years engineering experience in pharmaceutical or electro-mechanical
- metrology (or other related fields).
- Financial savvy
- Communications skills, both oral and written, including executive presentation skills
- Interpersonal and facilitation skills to forge consensus among competing client interests while ensuring objectives are met
- Ability to tactfully and positively influence peers and executive leadership
- Analytical skills to identify potential improvement opportunities
- Knowledge of industry trends (e.g., regulatory and compliance, technology, human performance programs, sustainability, etc.)
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.