Occupational Nurse Practitioner
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Occupational Nurse PractitionerLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this pivotal role, you will maintain the health, safety, and efficiency of company staff by providing high-level clinical services within an onsite clinic setting.Responsibility
- Serve as a primary health care provider for the worksite population by providing all aspects of medical management for workplace injury and illness including physical assessment, diagnosis, pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatment modalities, and consultation.
- Perform active case management activities to facilitate the delivery of high-quality medical care and return to work at full capacity and health in a timely manner. This includes a close interface with the workers compensation administrator and local providers.
- Serve as a nurse educator for preventative care, safety, and maintaining optimal health and wellness when talking to patients
- Perform medical surveillance exams, international travel health consultations, administer immunizations or similar screening tests
- Ensure OH compliance with State, Federal, and OSHA medical guidelines.
- Align with ethical, legal, professional requirements, applicable regulations, and corporate policies and procedures
- Be responsible for the Bloodborne Pathogen Program, AED programs and response to site medical emergencies
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, patients, and OH partners
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The professional we seek will possess an active nurse practitioner license with furnishing privileges and serve as a clinician with the responsibility of the Occupational Health (OH) Clinic.
- Doctorate degree OR
- Masters degree and 3years of experience OR
- Bachelors degree and 5years of experience OR
- Associates degree and 10 years of experience OR
- High school diploma / GED and 12 years of experience
- Master of Science in Nursing or Doctorate of Nursing Practice Degree
- Current valid and active California nurse practitioner license with furnishing authority
- 3-5 years of clinical experience as a nurse practitioner
- Current CPR, First Aid, and AED certification
- Proficiency in electronic medical records, Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to empower others and work optimally in dynamic and diverse teams
- Experience in an occupational / employee health, urgent care, primary care setting, or similar settings
- Current Occupational Health certification (COHN-S)
- Experience with audiometry and spirometry testing and interpretation
- Experience with worker's compensation, case management, OSHA regulations, and maintaining OSHA records
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.