Specialist Manufacturing Science and Technology
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
How will you reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Specialist Manufacturing-Science and TechnologyLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will be a part of the Manufacturing Sciences and Technology team and will report to the Senior Manufacturing Manager responsible for new product introductions, product re-introductions including lifecycle management, technology advancement and implementation, manufacturing execution system (MES) for electronic batch records, and validation.
Specific strategic product and process implementations will be led from this position and the candidates manager and team. Examples may include cross function network initiatives, support of Product Teams for NPI, product re-introduction support including evaluation of processes and capabilities for yield improvements, new equipment and technology changes aligned with the Long Range Plan, and support of alternate sourcing activities from a manufacturing technical perspective to enable supply chain agility.Integration with Manufacturing Execution Teams
- Directly liaison at the floor and with cross function teams to assure program implementation, sustainment, and after action lessons shared
- Lead planning and execution of key initiatives with cross functional teams at the production floor
- Support the AR5/AR30 manufacturing organizations in the prioritization and execution of these activities to maximize plant performance and plant capacity.
- Support the AR5/AR30 Product Teams portfolio of New Product Introduction and Technology Transfer projects by organizing work and completing deliverables.
- To partner with network peers on network initiatives
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The dedicated professional we seek is a collaborative partner with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications:
- Doctorate degree OR
- Masters degree and 3 years of Manufacturing or Operations experience OR
- Bachelors degree and 5 years of Manufacturing or Operations experience OR
- Associates degree and 10 years of Manufacturing or Operations experience OR
- High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Manufacturing or Operations experience
- Experience participating in and leading diverse teams
- Experience managing multiple, challenging priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with technical and management staff
- Have strong analytical/quantitative skills
- Have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Be a self-starter with the ability to tackle several projects at one time
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.